PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 350, mono, not fusing from time to time.

Custom Search

Hansoon
11-29-2015, 01:07 PM
I have now 4 machines doing this. Suddenly within a print/copy sequence one or more, but not all, prints are not fused well. For instance pages #1, 2 are OK but 4, 5 are not. #6, 7 etc are again OK. I have this model range since ages and never faced this problem before. No service codes.

Any one of you seen this before? Any hints?

Hans

tech28
11-29-2015, 02:58 PM
Ran into a 250 doing the same thing, not fusing here and there, also, no codes, when there, no problem found, but a day later, customer called and said same thing happening. 20lb plain paper. OEM toner. ?

blackcat4866
11-29-2015, 03:43 PM
Ran into a 250 doing the same thing, not fusing here and there, also, no codes, when there, no problem found, but a day later, customer called and said same thing happening. 20lb plain paper. OEM toner. ?

... or transitioning from OEM to aftermarket toner?
... or transitioning from aftermarket to OEM toner?
=^..^=

tech28
11-30-2015, 03:20 AM
Blackcat, you hit it, customer did mention that he changed toner(he had light areas before) and installed an OEM toner, he was using compatiple
toner. Not familiar with those machines, is it common for those to do that? When he mentioned to me that it started soon after changing toner, I told him to go back to the old toner he still had. He has not called again. This happened 3 weeks ago. Thanks, for the reaffirmation.

Hansoon
11-30-2015, 06:47 AM
Doesn't make sense to me. If the machine is not fusing well with all the jobs OK, but not occasionally within a job. Some of those 4 machines I mentioned work well for several days than it happens again within a print or copy job and an hour later everything seems OK again. Machines are getting really old and I start to believe that the electronics might develop issues with the time.

Hans

allan
11-30-2015, 07:55 AM
Could be PSU?

Hansoon
11-30-2015, 08:42 AM
Could be Allan. I never had any PSU issues with these series BH350 but a few weeks ago there was one, though giving a different error, where I had to replace the power unit. These machines are really getting old now.

I think I'll replace them with BH-363's

Hans

allan
11-30-2015, 03:33 PM
Could be Allan. I never had any PSU issues with these series BH350 but a few weeks ago there was one, though giving a different error, where I had to replace the power unit. These machines are really getting old now.

I think I'll replace them with BH-363's

Hans

I am replacing more and more b250/350 PSU because the fusing errors does not want to clear.
Make sure the unfused sections does not have developer on there.

Hansoon
12-01-2015, 07:56 AM
Thanks Allan.

Make sure the unfused sections does not have developer on there.

No, its not a bias issue. Just plain unfused toner.

Hans

allan
12-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Thanks Allan.

No, its not a bias issue. Just plain unfused toner.

Hans

Flat spots on the pressure roller. If the roller gets old and the machine is switched off it could make flat spots. Its the reason why the KM color machine fusers must idle all of the time.

copier addict
12-01-2015, 05:31 PM
My guess would be aftermarket toner. We used to use Densi toner for the BH350 series and we couldn't figure out why it would get quite faded a short time after a drum and dev change. We got one traded in that was displaying this symptom and I had some time to kill in the shop, so I stuck an OEM toner in it and started making copies. After about 200 the density started coming back and after about 300 it was almost perfect. Since then we have gone completely OEM on all BH350 series machines. While using AM toner we would maybe get full life from a drum but not always, now we regularly get 200% or better and we don't go through nearly as much toner.
Just my two cents.
Darren

allan
12-01-2015, 05:41 PM
My guess would be aftermarket toner. We used to use Densi toner for the BH350 series and we couldn't figure out why it would get quite faded a short time after a drum and dev change. We got one traded in that was displaying this symptom and I had some time to kill in the shop, so I stuck an OEM toner in it and started making copies. After about 200 the density started coming back and after about 300 it was almost perfect. Since then we have gone completely OEM on all BH350 series machines. While using AM toner we would maybe get full life from a drum but not always, now we regularly get 200% or better and we don't go through nearly as much toner.
Just my two cents.
Darren

Hans are you using good toner? There is some good shit 3de party toner out there. Problem is in finding it.

Hansoon
12-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Allan, you mean the THS toner? Hans

copyrooks
12-02-2015, 11:06 PM
I've seen this problem occur on a bizhub 363 and also on a bizhub 250. My first thought was the developing unit. So i replaced the developing unit and developer. The problem went away for about 30 days then returned. The problem was pretty random, per customer they feel it only happens when the copier has been running constantly. My personal opinion is I feel the toner was probably the reason for it. On both models replacing the developer, or even the developing unit made the problem go away for about 30 days. Keep in mind both machines did use aftermarket toner. I can't do anything about changing my boss' mind for buying directly from konica so i just left he machine as is and the problem was just shrugged off.

copier addict
12-03-2015, 07:59 PM
As a company, we have saved a ton of money by going back to OEM toner. There are no more image quality related calls and the fusers last much longer before we get those wear rings from the thermistors. Even though the toner is more expensive we get more pages per bottle compared to aftermarket.
Darren

Custom Search