PDA

View Full Version : C280 Toner display

Custom Search

copier addict
12-01-2015, 06:55 PM
We just got a BH C280 in to refurb and it is missing the black toner cartridge. We have to put a full toner in but it is showing half on the display. Has anyone used the special firmware for resetting toner bar graph? I looked at the read me file and to me it is very confusing. Here is what it says,
GZZ-D1
(1) CSRC/vCare refers to the value of Toner Usage noticed from engine.
Special firmware updates the Toner level (Gas Gage) value when the value of Toner Usage is NOT "0".
Special firmware does NOT update the Toner level value when the value of Toner Usage is "0".
(2) Special firmware resets the Toner level value to 100% when sub hopper's toner empry status is released.
(3) Not resets the value of Toner level to 100% when Main or sub Power off and On/Return from ErP mode.

I have read this several times and still can't figure out what this firmware actually does. Am I just a little thick in the head?
If anyone can decipher this, or if anyone has used this firmware I could sure use a push in the right direction.
Thanks

copier tech
12-01-2015, 08:55 PM
As I understand it that firmware info means it will reset the "gas gauge" to full if it is not at 0
So if there is 0 or no toner in the machine sub hopper it wont set the gauge to full.
But as yours is half full etc yours is not at 0

You can do a system clear this resets all the toner icons to full.

emujo
12-02-2015, 04:00 PM
Or you can tell the customer to disregard the display, run the MFP until it displays replace X toner (not replace soon). Once new toner goes in the gage should reset to full. Emujo

Hansoon
12-02-2015, 04:02 PM
As copier tech said, do a system reset than all gauges are at full. Only disadvantage is that all other settings are factory reset and you will need also to install the video file anew. We use this procedure with all machines which are rebuild in our shop. Hans

copier addict
12-03-2015, 08:08 PM
I just stuck a nearly empty bottle in that was hanging around the shop and sent a full one with it. I hate trying to explain this type of thing and watch as the customer's eyes slowly glaze over as they nod that they understand and call a week later to say that they need a new toner because the bar graph shows empty. :cool:

Tomo-1
12-05-2015, 05:31 PM
I see this problem a lot. It occurs when users replace the cartridge too soon. I just say to ignore the toner bar and to fit a new cartridge when the machine asks for it. I also explain that the system works on a one hit/fuse type reset, not a car type fuel gauge. Most users understand and it's not a problem. I hope this helps.

Custom Search