PDA

View Full Version : C351 jamming 11X17 at fuser area

Custom Search

Haroldbfix
06-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Intermittent jam's (maybe one out of 300) seems to happen only when running 11X17. All ideas are welcome.:confused::confused:

stacyrf
06-10-2008, 04:52 PM
a couple thoughts and suggestions.
1. there is a sensor by the reg roller just below the transfer roller. remove the dust catcher plate to see the flag sensor and a couple "eye" sensors, make sure those are clean and the flag sensor is free to move.
2. on the exit assy itself, I've found with 11x17 those develop a "knick" in the plasitic that catches the lead edge of paper. make sure that surface is smooth with no catches, sand them away if needed.

NotByChoice
06-11-2008, 08:01 PM
A couple months back our C351 was jamming on all 11X17's and it turned out that someone pulled out a previous jammed paper with a lot of force and threw a roller or something out of alignment. I forget what exactly lost its alignment but just check everything and make sure all rollers/etc are seated properly.

laserman06
06-12-2008, 01:13 AM
I have a couple of questions>
1. Does it have a finisher attached?
2. Are you duplexing the 11x17?

Yes

I have a couple of suggestions. If you are duplexing 11X17 with a finisher two things could be wrong.

A. The pawl in the horizontal transport is broken. What usually happens is that the tab holding the spring breaks off. This will only affect 11X17 duplex jobs. Any other size will run all day.

B. The other suggestion is that the solenoid in the horizontal transport is weak.

I would go with option B, since only happening once in awhile.

NO
Again I have two suggestions.

A. There are two sets of guides in the exit area. If one is broken or missing you will have jamming.

B. Also there is a 15T gear on the exit assy that I have seen get egged out on the shaft causing 11X17 jams.

Hope this helps. I have attached some pages for the part numbers that I am talking about.

Haroldbfix
06-12-2008, 01:45 AM
I have a couple of questions>
1. Does it have a finisher attached?
2. Are you duplexing the 11x17?

Yes

I have a couple of suggestions. If you are duplexing 11X17 with a finisher two things could be wrong.

A. The pawl in the horizontal transport is broken. What usually happens is that the tab holding the spring breaks off. This will only affect 11X17 duplex jobs. Any other size will run all day.

B. The other suggestion is that the solenoid in the horizontal transport is weak.

I would go with option B, since only happening once in awhile.

NO
Again I have two suggestions.

A. There are two sets of guides in the exit area. If one is broken or missing you will have jamming.

B. Also there is a 15T gear on the exit assy that I have seen get egged out on the shaft causing 11X17 jams.

Hope this helps. I have attached some pages for the part numbers that I am talking about.

Yes it does have a finnisher, however it will jam simplex. I spent 5hrs on this issue today and still unable to identify the issue. I will check the gears you recommend. That could be it. Im also not comfortable with the way the right side door feels on the rear side. The locks are not broken, no missing guides. The machine seems to stop for no reason. The lead edge is past the fuser and into the nip of the last set of exit roller on the machine,
the trailing edge is in the sync rollers.

Ive tried another exit sensor, fuser unit, tray feed rollers, loop, restart timming, firmware. If I could a part number for a machine I would order it.:)

laserman06
06-12-2008, 02:09 AM
What code does it give when it jams?

Does it just stop?

Does it crunch up?

Haroldbfix
06-12-2008, 07:50 PM
What code does it give when it jams?

Does it just stop?

Does it crunch up?

No crunching, it had a history of 1201 which is a pick up code for tray two, however that seems to have stopped. the last two new codes were 9901 (system control jam) whatever that means and 3001 (conveyance jam).
The machine just seems to stop.

methogod
05-15-2012, 04:40 PM
have the same issue on a C650 any idea what fixed it?

mo0651
05-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Check the bushings in the registration roller unit. They will oval out.

Custom Search