PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta c2557

Custom Search

brent
12-02-2015, 06:49 PM
I actually had a machine pop this code up.. its in one of my far areas.. trying to figure out if they put in generic toner or the wrong toner. can not be reset so they say.. I was thinking this code only came up if you tried to replace the drum and not developer.. or? but there was no replacing of any parts and this code came up.. any thoughts before I make the trip? thanks all

brent

brent
12-02-2015, 06:55 PM
sorry its a bizhub 200 series..

CraigW
12-02-2015, 07:03 PM
A 2557 can happen if the solenoid pad on the toner hopper gets gummy and sticks, adding too much toner.

brent
12-02-2015, 07:35 PM
I will take a look.. I have never ran across that problem and I have had about 30 of these in the field in the day.. lol
they were a pretty good machine..

on the 3510 series.. you could reset the drum and developer counter and it would be back to zero (on our contract machines)
you could get away with that.. on the bizhub 200 350 series if you reset.. you end up with this code.
I don't think my customers have been into the internal counters.. but I never underestimate customers anymore

thanks
brent

CraigW
12-02-2015, 07:39 PM
None of ours has given issues with hopper solenoid either.

I sometimes have to clear PC life 3 & even 4 times before it takes.

Here is some good info: http://www.techsconnected.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24467&highlight=

fixthecopier
12-02-2015, 07:47 PM
It can throw that code if drum is at end of life. If it has bad dv collars, the right side will have a nice scratch and that can throw that code also.

brent
12-02-2015, 07:56 PM
I will take a developer unit with me.. thanks.. I appreciate the info thanks craig
and fix!! thanks. how you been doing?

I need to get out of this profession while I am still young... haha

brent

CraigW
12-02-2015, 08:00 PM
When we get in the 200-350 dev units new, they get a DS Roll kit put in them before use. We had some 200 dev units done at the 1st PM at 65K (single prints/copies attribute)

Hansoon
12-03-2015, 05:59 AM
Brent, for sure its the sticky patch issue. The toner add solenoid stays engaged and therefore the developer becomes overtoned. Takes about 3/4 to one hour to replace the patch. You must remove a lot of covers and metal plates and also there's a stupid screw hidden at the rear of the machine. You must take of the rear cover as well to reach. When you put the Toner-Add Assembly back take care that the protruding bushing (see attachment) fits into the rear frame otherwise you have to redo all again. When you're there have a look at the other little solenoid which operates the toner bottle. Here's also a sticky patch causing fun from time to time.

Hans

brent
12-03-2015, 06:17 AM
ok dumb question. So is that sticky patch. Part of the to er add assy? I have for sure replaced the toner add assemblies before. It's s breeze. Please let me know. And thanks

Hansoon
12-03-2015, 11:37 AM
Both solenoids are integrated in the toner add assembly, its one unit. If you call this all a "breeze" you're for me a Champion!

I HATE to remove all those stupid covers, metal covers and plates. I need 3/4 of an hour for it and my blood pressure rises every time again because of the unnecessary fumbling with "hundreds" of screws and covers to reach a sticky patch which shouldn't become sticky at all to begin with.....

Hans

PS Don't want to discourage you but did I mention that I HATE to do that job? :cool:

allan
12-03-2015, 02:56 PM
Both solenoids are integrated in the toner add assembly, its one unit. If you call this all a "breeze" you're for me a Champion!

I HATE to remove all those stupid covers, metal covers and plates. I need 3/4 of an hour for it and my blood pressure rises every time again because of the unnecessary fumbling with "hundreds" of screws and covers to reach a sticky patch which shouldn't become sticky at all to begin with.....

Hans

PS Don't want to discourage you but did I mention that I HATE to do that job? :cool:

45min is about right.

brent
12-03-2015, 03:31 PM
I would rather work on this model. Then thr 420. 421. Toner add. Assembly. Those ones make me lose my cool for sure!!! Lol.

Thsnks. Guys.

Brent
45min is about right.

Mr. Joshua
12-04-2015, 01:20 AM
No need to replace the whole assembly Brent. I just slap some thick, smooth, shipping tape over the pad. Stickyness eliminated!

brent
12-04-2015, 01:32 AM
ivr had the c clip fall off. And no toner add. But today I went there. They were doing sky shots for whatever the hell reason. Thr machine didn't like it. They are using crap generic toner. That was spilled. Internally. So I cleaned it. Reset. Key op trained on sky shots! and it was good to go. Some peoples kids....

Custom Search