PDA

View Full Version : 7155 ADF Skew

Custom Search

Dukem
06-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Here's one I haven't seen and it's a little hard to explain:

Only when scanning from ADF (copying or to email) the image skews from front to back, like a parallelagram... i.e. the lead and trail edges are square but the everything is slanted from downward from lead to trail like reversed italics.
The originals are feeding straight. It is intermittent and does not happen when scanning from the glass (platen).

I have ruled out mechanical skew & laser unit which leaves Image control PCB, Scanner PCB and Main board. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Haroldbfix
06-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Try dipswitch 4-0 to 1, see if that helps you.

stacyrf
06-10-2008, 07:10 PM
well, if you ruled out mechanics then the first thing I would do, is reseat all the connectors on all of those boards. but it seems to me, if memory serves me right, there is an electronic skew adjustment in tech rep mode. I cannot be for sure or tell you exactly where that adjustment is, but I'm almost positive that the 7155 has that.

Dukem
06-10-2008, 10:09 PM
This problem is intermittent. I went out 2 times before and the machine was working fine. When I was working on another machine in the same office I stopped just to look and it started, of course the customer said "See! we're not crazy!".

Darren King
06-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Have you tried cleaning the skew dectection sensors. They are under a cover where the DF sits on the glass slit. Remover three screws and blow out the sensors and clean the underside of the cover.
Hope this helps
Darren

Dukem
06-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Replaced the ICB and the problem has not resurfaced.

Custom Search