PDA

View Full Version : a question about part no ''A161M50501'' Photointerrupter in ineo + 454e

Custom Search

jakani
12-07-2015, 11:07 AM
he everybody
this part is in paper size detection section
i uninstalled the holder of the motor but i couldn't put with this part because i detached its wires accidentally , however the tray is detected normally , what i want to know is the role of this part ? and what problem could be caused without it !

copier addict
12-07-2015, 01:32 PM
he everybody
this part is in paper size detection section
i uninstalled the holder of the motor but i couldn't put with this part because i detached its wires accidentally , however the tray is detected normally , what i want to know is the role of this part ? and what problem could be caused without it !

Why not just go back and reconnect it and you won't have to worry about any potential problems?

jakani
12-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Why not just go back and reconnect it and you won't have to worry about any potential problems?

because the wires of the Photointerrupter detached from it and they all yellow ,
i don't know the exact order of the wires t reconnect theme

copier tech
12-07-2015, 05:43 PM
You will probably find certain paper sizes won't be detected, say landscape might be fine but portrait will show the wrong size or none at all. Larger A3 size too could have issues.

jakani
12-07-2015, 06:32 PM
You will probably find certain paper sizes won't be detected, say landscape might be fine but portrait will show the wrong size or none at all. Larger A3 size too could have issues.

i think i have to reconnect it and try those yellow wires one by one
thank you very much sir

subaro
12-07-2015, 07:20 PM
use your multimeter and check which wire is the 5v and the ground wire, then the other wire will be the signal wire, providing this sensor is three pins. look at the sensor itself on the reverse and it should be marked . check another tray and measure the ground and 5volts providing it uses identical sensors. This should not be that difficult.
I don't know the machine, but just looking at the principle of how most sensors work and wired and to do a bit of comparison with another sensor on the same machine to get the correct wiring.
if my reply was not relevant please ignore or correct my theory here.

jakani
12-09-2015, 10:30 AM
use your multimeter and check which wire is the 5v and the ground wire, then the other wire will be the signal wire, providing this sensor is three pins. look at the sensor itself on the reverse and it should be marked . check another tray and measure the ground and 5volts providing it uses identical sensors. This should not be that difficult.
I don't know the machine, but just looking at the principle of how most sensors work and wired and to do a bit of comparison with another sensor on the same machine to get the correct wiring.
if my reply was not relevant please ignore or correct my theory here.

yes you are very much right , and i can't ignore you theory because you took a part of your time to reply to me and i thank you for that and i appreciate it,
anyway this part contains two Photointerrupter so there is 4 pins and 4 yellow cables , based on your theory i should look for two wires with 5volts ,
for now i can't check the sensor in an other machine or even in the same machine because i don't want to miss with an other tray or ruin it i work live in the client's local not in our workshop :p
thank you

subaro
12-09-2015, 11:59 AM
yes you are very much right , and i can't ignore you theory because you took a part of your time to reply to me and i thank you for that and i appreciate it,
anyway this part contains two Photointerrupter so there is 4 pins and 4 yellow cables , based on your theory i should look for two wires with 5volts ,
for now i can't check the sensor in an other machine or even in the same machine because i don't want to miss with an other tray or ruin it i work live in the client's local not in our workshop :p
thank you

The real solution to your problem is to look at the service manual and the electrical wiring diagram or schematic. It gives you exactly the pinouts of the each connector on the boards to the relative components. These diagrams are there for situations like these and is an orderly layout of how the machine is wired.
You can still repair this without the diagram, but your experience is limited.

Custom Search