PDA

View Full Version : BH C203 SSL certificate stuffup

Custom Search

aAandy
12-11-2015, 04:25 AM
hello everywon

i created a self-signed SSL certificate and now cannot access the machine via a web browser at all - type in the IP address and i get some error message saying something like the strength of the certificate sucks or something similar (i can post the precise error message later)

how do i undo this? can i delete the certificate from the control panel (previously it had no certificate at all), because i couldn't see any way to delete it from the control panel

any help greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

Andy

EarthKmTech
12-11-2015, 08:28 AM
its not really a stuff up, they're just old machines now and don't meet current standards. I saw this recently when messing around with my personal C253.

You can ignore the message in internet explorer and continue, all other browsers forbid you from continuing. I used the version standard in windows 7 and was able to disable SSL, older the better, later versions are probably too secure.

No further upgrades will be done on these machines so its pretty much the end of the road if this is a problem.

aAandy
12-11-2015, 09:03 AM
its not really a stuff up, they're just old machines now and don't meet current standards. I saw this recently when messing around with my personal C253.

You can ignore the message in internet explorer and continue, all other browsers forbid you from continuing. I used the version standard in windows 7 and was able to disable SSL, older the better, later versions are probably too secure.

No further upgrades will be done on these machines so its pretty much the end of the road if this is a problem.

thanks for your response Earth

the client just bought this machine 2nd hand with only 120k total prints on it, transported it 1000k's in an SUV and man-handled it up 2 flights of stairs - getting 3 different fuser errors likely due to a twisted chassis, but have eliminated 2 of them (C3721 & C3421) - that being said, no P codes are showing and the machine does calibrate successfully

however they have spent several hundred dollars on the machine, about $600.00 on a new yellow IU (uber expensive in Aust), plus a waste toner bottle, toners etc and they absolutely want it working

IE seems entirely incapable of accessing KM machines at all in Australia, i get the page title in the address bar, but no page at all - even chrome plays up sometimes, able to access most pages, but won't open the network page for example, so i use firefox which works well

an addendum - i was trying to setup scan to email via gmail, and they need to send to outside clients using different ISPs so i had to use SLL & authentication - after setting up all the usual stuff i could ping smtp.gmail.com and i used the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 addresses where required, i entered the clients gmail account address & password & every time i tried to scan i got an error "login error"

oh, another weird thing, i used windows update (8.1) to get a driver for the machine and i used the C203 ps(p) driver - but when printing no duplex option appears

i guess i really don't need browser access to the machine if i can just get scan-to-email working - and i presume i should simply download the correct driver from the KM website to fix the duplex issue

any further pointers, tips, advice, information? (other than crush the machine lol)

thanks again Earth

EarthKmTech
12-11-2015, 09:57 AM
I have thought about trying to get gmail smtp working on my machine just as an experiment. If i get the chance on the weekend I'll give it a go.

I currently use my isp's smtp server so its never really been necessary though it'd be interesting to see if it works.

In windows I'd highly recommend the official KM PCL driver for the device. In my experience the windows internal controller PS drivers for this series have always been rubbish. I run macs and PS is just fine on those however.

This is an engine that doesnt take kindly to being bashed around, if the back wall of the chassis deviates from standard you will end up with transfer belt welding alienation errors at which point if the documented mods don't fix it, you may as well push it down those stairs and claim it was an accident.

aAandy
12-11-2015, 10:15 AM
I have thought about trying to get gmail smtp working on my machine just as an experiment. If i get the chance on the weekend I'll give it a go.

I currently use my isp's smtp server so its never really been necessary though it'd be interesting to see if it works.

In windows I'd highly recommend the official KM PCL driver for the device. In my experience the windows internal controller PS drivers for this series have always been rubbish. I run macs and PS is just fine on those however.

This is an engine that doesnt take kindly to being bashed around, if the back wall of the chassis deviates from standard you will end up with transfer belt welding alienation errors at which point if the documented mods don't fix it, you may as well push it down those stairs and claim it was an accident.

i'm subcontracting on this job - neither the end client nor my client (25k$ annually) will be happy if i don't get this thing working - not to mention i won't be able to charge for a machine i didn't get operational

i hope you get the chance to try scan-to-email-via-gmail over the weekend, as i will be returning to the job Monday

emujo
12-11-2015, 06:12 PM
If you're trying to access with chrome, you are probably getting a "weak dellfie-huffman key". This is a known issue with chrome and older MFPs (this includes production MFPs like the 951). You can try a few things...
Ensure you type https://ipaddress with firefox, or IE. If you still can't access, go into service mode and do a logical HDD format. This will delete the SSL certs and disable the SSL settings. Unless your customer requires SSL for some reason I would leave these settings alone, and explain that they are using new technologies to connect to old tech. Can't help with the manhandling portion of your problem...Emujo

aAandy
12-11-2015, 11:03 PM
If you're trying to access with chrome, you are probably getting a "weak dellfie-huffman key". This is a known issue with chrome and older MFPs (this includes production MFPs like the 951). You can try a few things...
Ensure you type https://ipaddress with firefox, or IE. If you still can't access, go into service mode and do a logical HDD format. This will delete the SSL certs and disable the SSL settings. Unless your customer requires SSL for some reason I would leave these settings alone, and explain that they are using new technologies to connect to old tech. Can't help with the manhandling portion of your problem...Emujo

thanks for the tips emujo

it is a "weak dellfie-huffman key" error (now that i see it typed out), but i'm getting that error on firefox - IE simply doesn't open any pages and chrome sometimes doesn't open certain pages, so i'll get into service mode and perform the logical HDD format

Custom Search