PDA

View Full Version : New to KM, your opinions please.

Custom Search

dedode
12-11-2015, 08:22 AM
Hi.

I want to buy color KM machine and I have many questions, so I gather them in one post.

* In my city we are lack of good technicians.
1- Should I buy new office color Office Colour - Business Products | KONICA MINOLTA (http://www.biz.konicaminolta.com/colour/) or used color production press machines Colour Production Print Systems - Production Print Systems | KONICA MINOLTA (http://www.biz.konicaminolta.com/production/colour_production_top.html) ?, because my budget can buy one of those.
2- Are used production press machines better in maintenance and reliability than new office color machines?
3- What about used office color machines?, I hear they are very bad to maintain.

Regards.

emujo
12-11-2015, 06:27 PM
If you don't have reliable service techs, you shouldn't buy anything from them...Production equipment MUST have proper interval service or your quality and reliability will suffer. You may be able to get away with less service on the office equipment cause the quality expectations are lower, and many of the consumables can be replaced by the end user with proper training, but the units are expensive. Emujo

dedode
12-11-2015, 09:19 PM
If you don't have reliable service techs, you shouldn't buy anything from them...Production equipment MUST have proper interval service or your quality and reliability will suffer. You may be able to get away with less service on the office equipment cause the quality expectations are lower, and many of the consumables can be replaced by the end user with proper training, but the units are expensive. Emujo

Thanks Emujo for your reply.

The thing is that I had very good experience with used production machine B/W Canon IR105 ( I repair it by my self ) , so will I have the same experience with used color KM units or should I stick with new color office equipment? Because color machines are different than B/W machines.
Also, regard the price I found used units as same price as new office equipments.

Regards.

Custom Search