Clear All
  • dedode
    Technician
    Site Contributor
    50+ Posts
    • May 2014

New to KM, your opinions please.

Hi.

I want to buy color KM machine and I have many questions, so I gather them in one post.

* In my city we are lack of good technicians.
    1- Should I buy new office color Office Colour - Business Products | KONICA MINOLTA or used color production press machines Colour Production Print Systems - Production Print Systems | KONICA MINOLTA ?, because my budget can buy one of those.
    2- Are used production press machines better in maintenance and reliability than new office color machines?
    3- What about used office color machines?, I hear they are very bad to maintain.

Regards.
  • emujo
    Field Supervisor
    2,500+ Posts
    • Jun 2009

Re: New to KM, your opinions please.

If you don't have reliable service techs, you shouldn't buy anything from them...Production equipment MUST have proper interval service or your quality and reliability will suffer. You may be able to get away with less service on the office equipment cause the quality expectations are lower, and many of the consumables can be replaced by the end user with proper training, but the units are expensive. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Comment

• dedode
      Technician
      Site Contributor
      50+ Posts
      • May 2014

Re: New to KM, your opinions please.

Originally posted by emujo
      If you don't have reliable service techs, you shouldn't buy anything from them...Production equipment MUST have proper interval service or your quality and reliability will suffer. You may be able to get away with less service on the office equipment cause the quality expectations are lower, and many of the consumables can be replaced by the end user with proper training, but the units are expensive. Emujo
      Thanks Emujo for your reply.

The thing is that I had very good experience with used production machine B/W Canon IR105 ( I repair it by my self ) , so will I have the same experience with used color KM units or should I stick with new color office equipment? Because color machines are different than B/W machines.
      Also, regard the price I found used units as same price as new office equipments.

Regards.

Comment

Working...