PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Odd issue with bypass tray

Custom Search

wolfpup
12-14-2015, 10:04 PM
Hello!

So an odd issue with one of my 5 C654e's has come up...when people go to use the bypass tray for a multiple page job it will print the first page on the paper from the bypass, pause and give the "replenish paper" message then continue the job from the next available tray. There is plenty of paper in the bypass, but it will only grab one sheet per job. Anyone else run across this? The copier settings and the user settings are set up correctly (the other 4 machines are set up the same without issue)

Thanks!

ariosz17
05-12-2016, 10:10 PM
Actually I just ran into this problem and i can't figure out why its doing this. Were you able to correct the problem? If you did how did you do it?

Thanks!

blackcat4866
05-13-2016, 12:19 AM
There may be two paper tray selections: Bypass (automatic), and Bypass (manual). =^..^=

emujo
05-13-2016, 01:04 PM
Cat, these options are to allow the bypass to feed automatically if the correct paper is loaded. If set to manual, the user must pull out and insert the paper before the bypass tray will feed. My guess is there is a problem with the paper empty sensor in the bypass tray. What does sensor test show in test mode? Emujo

Synthohol
05-13-2016, 01:06 PM
try adding the bypass to auto tray selection in utility/user mode system/paper tray settings if you havent already.

Custom Search