PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C364 Scan to Email Server Connection Error Intermitantly

Custom Search

copierwhisper
12-16-2015, 01:01 AM
I have a Konica Minolta C364 that at times gives a Serve Connection Error when scanning to email, from one attempt to the next it may or may not work. I did a data clear and reformatted the hard drive, reconfigured the scan to email settings and still the same thing, Server Connection Error or successful completion.

Any thoughts?

copier tech
12-16-2015, 09:08 AM
I have a Konica Minolta C364 that at times gives a Serve Connection Error when scanning to email, from one attempt to the next it may or may not work. I did a data clear and reformatted the hard drive, reconfigured the scan to email settings and still the same thing, Server Connection Error or successful completion.

Any thoughts?

First try updatng the firmware.

What account are you using for SMTP?

Gaffers01
12-16-2015, 10:33 AM
Yes I have had this before on a couple of machines in that range, a few things to try are:

1. Make sure machine and admin email both have the same domain name.
2. Change the time out setting to 120.
3. Under "Network Settings" look for SSDP Protocal and disable it.
4. Try using SMTP IP address instead of the Host name.
5. Turn OFF IPV6 protocal.

Hope this helps.:cool:

peter42
12-16-2015, 06:52 PM
IPv6 disable is also my tip.

but use for machine adress and admin adress the same allowed mailadress for the network.
I dont know why but some of the bizhubs use the admin-adress as sender.

If all the hints here doesnt help:
let check if the Mailserver has a rule for spam delivery set.
If a lot of company-members are using the mail-scan, it is possible that the servers denies mail-relaying.

greetings peter

SmellsHot
12-17-2015, 12:53 PM
4. Try using SMTP IP address instead of the Host name.

That's fixed all of my intermittent issues.....

wseyller
12-18-2015, 02:34 PM
This thread was useful to me. Had a C284e with gmail stop working. Tried new account and new firmware. Could ping hostname ok. Tried ssl or tls. Final trick that worked was turning off ipv6.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ni311
12-18-2015, 05:12 PM
Is it a free SMTP mail server (like gmail) or a paid service?

Custom Search