PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Question about DEVELOPING UNIT for C8000

Custom Search

DigiMan
12-16-2015, 06:33 PM
Good evening everyone.

Had a bit of a drawback this evening,i ordered a developing unit for the mentioned machine because it had a developer spiling issue
and it destroyed some of the gears on the unit.
Using the part number A1RFR72722 i got a developing unit completely different than the one it had(check pictures).
Now i know modifications are made from time to time in parts but i dont think this is the case here.
My question is does anyone ever changed one of these?If yes are they like the one im showing you?
Im pretty sure no because even the distance between the gears that rotate the unit is different and im pretty sure
it wont fit in(didnt try it).

Thanks in advance!

P.S The developing unit with the magenta developer all over it is obviously the old one.

andyf424
12-16-2015, 06:41 PM
I just swapped two on a c8000, both the old and new ones looked like your new style. I've only got a couple c8000's in my territory but I've only seen that newer style like the one with the tape on it.

DigiMan
12-16-2015, 06:50 PM
I just swapped two on a c8000, both the old and new ones looked like your new style. I've only got a couple c8000's in my territory but I've only seen that newer style like the one with the tape on it.

You mean all your old dev units had the the cables vertically and the same gears?You used the same part number to order it?
Mine is definitely not going to fit in because as you can see the distance between the gears that rotate it is different..

Mr Spock
12-16-2015, 11:11 PM
A1RFR72722 is the old part number and according to the parts manual picture looks like your old one.
A1RFR72733 is the new number and should look like the new one you have.

I can not find a bulletin about any difference that needs to be addressed other than plug and play.

DigiMan
12-17-2015, 07:39 AM
Sigh..question is when I look at the parts manual that code is ranked class B which ships to usa.
Since im in europe I cant find a different number for Eu, so I imagine they are all the same?
Has anyone had an old dev unit like mine and managed to swap it with this new one, and if yes
then how?

By the way by looking through books my new one is optically identical to the c7000 dev unit..

DigiMan
12-17-2015, 08:19 AM
A1RFR72722 is the old part number and according to the parts manual picture looks like your old one.
A1RFR72733 is the new number and should look like the new one you have.

I can not find a bulletin about any difference that needs to be addressed other than plug and play.

Mr.Spock im looking through the latest part manual guide and my new dev unit looks nothing like what i see in the book

As you can see in the upper right that metal hinge with the 3 screws that are vertically is not on my new dev unit.
Also its plug is horizontally and not vertically.
This picture goes with the new part number that you mentioned.

By the way in my first post with the pictures the 2 pictures in the middle is the old dev unit,the other 2 pictures left and right is the new one(hope everyone noticed it)

ni311
12-17-2015, 07:06 PM
From the pictures, it looks like you have two developing units for two separate machines: C8000 (old one) and C7000 (new one). Is the correct part number on the box? From what I know, they changed the developing unit but just for addressing the spilling of toner issue, I don't believe they change the position of connectors...
I'll check the bulletin tomorrow and let you know more precise.

DigiMan
12-18-2015, 04:27 PM
From the pictures, it looks like you have two developing units for two separate machines: C8000 (old one) and C7000 (new one). Is the correct part number on the box? From what I know, they changed the developing unit but just for addressing the spilling of toner issue, I don't believe they change the position of connectors...
I'll check the bulletin tomorrow and let you know more precise.

Update:
Yes i was thinking that myself as i mentioned in the previous comments,that this was for the 7000 model,and guess what?it was..
If it wasn't for andyf424 post(no hard feelings man :) ) i would have been sure of it.
After checking it out in another machine and sending some pictures they finally admitted they made "a mistake".
How a c7000 developing unit ended up in a c8000 box is beyond me.

Anyhow thank you ni311 and rest of you guys for your insight!

Custom Search