PDA

View Full Version : Pro BHC500 SC23-09 then it turns into SC80-01

Custom Search

Desert Rat
12-17-2015, 10:38 PM
I started looking at this yesterday, I ran the output for the transfer motor, it eventually started to work
but it would still code out with 23-09.
Today I went back to check the input from the sensors on the encoder wheel. I could not get the display to
change from 1 to 0. I removed one of the encoder sensors to measure the voltage on the sensor. The harness
was short and it was hard to get to with my test leads. So the customer held it for me and I could not get a good
reading. I noticed that the customer had let go of the sensor and the back touched the frame.
That's when the SC80-01 appeared.

SC23-09 is a transfer motor abnormality detected, the book sez the motor or the printer control bd.

SC80-01 sez When the sub power switch
(SW2) is ON, no response is
received from the printer control
board (PRCB) within the specified time.

I know this is an older model but I would like to save it for my customer. He has a Parts machine that I can swap boards out with
but I know the boards are serialized and I have never had to change a board on this model.

Is there some firmware to use to change these boards?

I did replace the front door switch just for good measure. I have seen some odd problems from a bad interlock switch.

Any advice would be nice.

Merry Christmas

DR

Blizzoo
12-20-2015, 03:52 PM
SC80-01 (Print Control Communication Error) check ICP23 5V on the Printer Control

Desert Rat
12-20-2015, 06:16 PM
Blizoo,
What will this tell me and what would be the next step? What part of the board is it on?
I do not have the machine in my shop.
I did check some fuses on the low voltage power supply board. All I checked were ok. Is this going
to be one of those micro fuses that are hard to tell that it's a fuse?
May be it's time for an upgrade?

DR

allan
12-20-2015, 06:27 PM
Did you short out the 5V for the sensor? Yes an ICP is a small surface mount component. If you are a ninja with a soldering iron you could fix it.

If they have the money, they have enough reason to replace it. Its old.

Desert Rat
12-21-2015, 02:56 PM
Thank you allan,
Would I have to replace this component? Or will heating it fix it? Never heard of that unless it was a cold solder joint
to begin with. He does have a parts machine I could rob that part from.
And if I do get 5v on that part, then what??? Would there be another component?

I may give this a shot, but the more I look at it, the C500 was a good machine at first. But I know its time
is past.

Thanks for you help

DR

allan
12-21-2015, 03:27 PM
ICP (In Circuit Protection) Protects inputs and outputs on boards. It needs to be replaced.
Try to find the ICP on the print. You can test it for continuity(switch power off) or for 5V. Remember these machines switches to negative so an active input would be 0V.

Custom Search