PDA

View Full Version : CE Password Reset - Reformat and Install Software

Custom Search

bungapads
12-20-2015, 01:00 AM
I had a tech that put a CE Password in my Bizhub C550. I cannot find anyway to reset this and of course he never gave me the password. I have called for help from Konica, to no avail and I am in the countryside in Idaho and no local service center. Closest is Washington. Too expensive to get them here. I need to reset my CE Password. I have been told I need to format or reset my printer entirely as there is no way to reset a CE Password (as opposed to an Admin Password). I have tried all the tips and tricks in the service manuals I have, to no avail. I need the software and help resetting this mess. I have so much to print and no way to do it. I need to reset the punch unit because I am frozen out of the system because of the password. And I am trying to add a ZU-603 folding unit - and or course I need to get into the service mode for set up, etc. HELP!!!!

copier tech
12-20-2015, 08:36 PM
The only way to reset the CE password is to have a KM trained tech call KM & they'll give him a reset code, you could call a KM dealer they may do it over the phone for you.

Your best option is to contact the engineer who changed the code & ask him what he changed it to, if not you'll have to pay a KM tech.

emujo
12-21-2015, 09:10 PM
Most techs will not enforce the CE password unless asked to do so (I am speaking of the older models, we all know it's on by default for the newer MFPS). Have you tried entering the normal default CE password? To my knowledge, the only way around a lost CE password on this MFP is to replace the NVRAM. You say you are in Idaho, but your personals say you are in CA..KM has offices in both locations, and there are many dealers that would be able to help. If you want to PM me with a contact # I will try and find someone close to you that can handle this. Emujo

bungapads
12-22-2015, 12:24 AM
Most techs will not enforce the CE password unless asked to do so (I am speaking of the older models, we all know it's on by default for the newer MFPS). Have you tried entering the normal default CE password? To my knowledge, the only way around a lost CE password on this MFP is to replace the NVRAM. You say you are in Idaho, but your personals say you are in CA..KM has offices in both locations, and there are many dealers that would be able to help. If you want to PM me with a contact # I will try and find someone close to you that can handle this. Emujo

I used to live in California and then moved to Idaho. I want to buy a new Bizhub and sold this unit to another person. She does not want to purchase it unless I can unlock the machine. I called a dealer here and they told me that they are not trained on the machine and thus cannot help me. And then told me to buy a new machine. I think that is a bit extreme of a solution. If you have someone in California that could provide the number that I input to release it great. I did try the default and everything i could think was the password. Nothing worked. I could just buy the NVRAM and install it if you think that would work? I have purchased many things from Konica. Do you know the part number for the NVRAM? Will i need other software (that only a dealer has) to get this to work once I install the NVRAM. (208)340-3146 is my number.

bungapads
12-22-2015, 12:25 AM
The only way to reset the CE password is to have a KM trained tech call KM & they'll give him a reset code, you could call a KM dealer they may do it over the phone for you.

Your best option is to contact the engineer who changed the code & ask him what he changed it to, if not you'll have to pay a KM tech.

Thanks for your help. Do you know any trained KM techs that could provide me the code? The local dealer says that he does not have anyone trained on the machine and cannot help me. He then told me I had to buy a new machine. Silly.

ni311
12-22-2015, 05:10 PM
The easiest way is to find out the password from the tech, ask him. It is unusual (to say at least, illegal for sure) to set a password on YOUR machine...
The passwords, counters, serials numbers are kept in the NVRAM unit of your machine; you cannot just ask for another NVRAM from Konica. From what I know, if the NVRAM is broken you have to give the deffective NVRAM to KM and they will replace it. But your NVRAM is not broken...
You cannot just format / reset / install software with Firmware Image Toolkit or any other tool more or less publicly available on the Internet...
I wonder how all this will end up.

ncbabak
12-23-2015, 09:33 AM
Hi
May be you use Reset NVRAM tools for resetting nvram

CompyTech
12-23-2015, 05:16 PM
Replacing the NVRAM is not as simple as it sounds... There are some processes you have to do which may require access to KMBS LMS. You really need to find an authorized service provider.

Hard to believe there are no one locally trained on that model, it's older but first gen tuxedo boxes aren't quite garbage bin machines yet. Sounds like they just didn't want to work on it.

bronco31
12-23-2015, 05:45 PM
i unwisely enabled CE password on an offlease 601 i was refurbishing...(dont ask im a fool and dint read up on just what CE pw does)
but the problem began when i couldnt change the Admin password back to default 12345678.. which i think is a CF card issue..

anyway..

now i cant get in to Service Mode as the default pw isnt 92729272 !!

sure which there was a kind of backdoor into Service mode... like open the front door/DF, then hold utility button down...????

Merry Christmas all you super techs!

ni311
12-23-2015, 07:08 PM
try it with 00000000 (eight times zero), this should be the default password.

Merry Christmas to all!!!

bronco31
12-24-2015, 12:08 AM
try it with 00000000 (eight times zero), this should be the default password.

Merry Christmas to all!!!

sadly eight zeros didnt work...man if i could just get in Service mode and disable CE password...!

bungapads
12-24-2015, 04:57 AM
Hi

What are the Reset NVRAM TOOLS that you speak of? Where can I get them?

EarthKmTech
12-24-2015, 12:49 PM

the nvram initialise special firmware will reset the CE password, but you will have to basically set the machine up again totally from scratch too.

it will need to be written to a CF card using the special tool too, you are best just getting a tech if your not one, its not for the inexperienced.

ni311
12-24-2015, 02:58 PM
the nvram initialise special firmware will reset the CE password, but you will have to basically set the machine up again totally from scratch too.

it will need to be written to a CF card using the special tool too, you are best just getting a tech if your not one, its not for the inexperienced.

As a bonus, you might end up with negative counters or million pages counter.

bungapads
12-24-2015, 11:35 PM
Hi

bungapads
01-13-2016, 01:20 AM
Hi

Hello. I hope you can help me. This is just a mess. I have the imaging kit and i purchased a new 128 meg scan disk CF Card. I then formatted the card and then wrote the software using the ToolKit (I think), but every time I put the card in the C550 I get an error message that the card is invalid. I have read the Field Service Manual on page 80-87, but nothing makes sense and nothing works. This cannot be this difficult. I have 3 hours to get this machine fixed. I have tons of work to do and cannot do it because the machine is down. Can you help?

Is there some sort of multi-step processs to "unpack" the gz file from the card? I am very confused by the instructions. They are terrible.

bungapads
01-13-2016, 01:49 AM
The easiest way is to find out the password from the tech, ask him. It is unusual (to say at least, illegal for sure) to set a password on YOUR machine...
The passwords, counters, serials numbers are kept in the NVRAM unit of your machine; you cannot just ask for another NVRAM from Konica. From what I know, if the NVRAM is broken you have to give the deffective NVRAM to KM and they will replace it. But your NVRAM is not broken...
You cannot just format / reset / install software with Firmware Image Toolkit or any other tool more or less publicly available on the Internet...
I wonder how all this will end up.

So what exactly has to be done to reset the CE Password (not the Admin Password) the CE Password. It seems that no one really knows how to do this. There have been so many conflicting statements. Do you know? if so please let me know, because there is no one to fix this but me. I have been without a machine now for 6 weeks. Try to sell it so I can buy a new 1060 Bizhub or like machine. Your help would be appreciated.

bungapads
01-13-2016, 01:52 AM

I have the Took Kit. I have followed the Service Manual page 80-87 approximately. Bought brand new unformatted 128 meg Sandisk CF Card. But still i get a cryptic response when I put the CF card in and then start the main and sub switches. It says. "This is invalid Card." " Make sure the Card". That is all it says. I do not know how it could be invalid when I followed every single step. I have tried a couple times, each time starting over from the beginning from formatting the card using the Tool Kit (not windows). I have verified the version number of the alleged software. Not sure what else. Hope you can help.

ncbabak
01-13-2016, 01:39 PM
Hi

Do you write (Reset NVRAM TOOLS file) on 128MB Cf card by using (Firmware Imaging Toolkit 2006) ?

bungapads
01-13-2016, 06:30 PM
Do you know of a KM tech and phone number so I can get this code you speak of. I have tried the 92729272 default, etc. nothing works. I did talk to a local dealer but they are unwilling to help because they are not trained on the machine and told me to buy another machine. They also only knew of the default above. They did not know about the SECRET reset code other than this. Is there yet a SECOND secret password. ?

bungapads
01-13-2016, 06:32 PM
I used the Toolkit and wrote the Firmware on the CF Card. I did not see any file called Reset VNVRAM Tools File. Is this a special file? Do you have it and can you send it to me? Also, if you have any instructions that would be helpful. Where do i get this file?

Hi

Do you write (Reset NVRAM TOOLS file) on 128MB Cf card by using (Firmware Imaging Toolkit 2006) ?

Evans
11-28-2023, 12:17 PM
Can I get the reset tool to my email address etechcopiersltd@gmail.com

Synthohol
11-28-2023, 01:06 PM
wow, 7 year old resurrection.

if your machine still needs a CF card to update firmware, its gonna turn that dinosaur into petrol any day now.
its too old to do anything but print and copy, i dont even think you can scan to USB or SMB or email on that series anymore.
much more cost effective to get a way younger machine even used.

jotunn
11-28-2023, 01:37 PM

Custom Search