PDA

View Full Version : Taskalfa 250ci color print very dirty

Custom Search

kyove
12-23-2015, 12:01 AM
Hi guys,

I have a problem with TASKalfa 250ci and color print. B/W print are perfect!
Take a look at the image.
What can I do? I have to replace drums? Developer? Both?
Dirty is in yellow and blue, magenta seems working well.

Thank you in advance,
Kyove

blackcat4866
12-23-2015, 12:16 AM
What have you done so far? =^..^=

kyove
12-23-2015, 08:56 AM
I didn't replace anything for now.

I made via System Menu > Adjustment/Maintenance
2x Drum Cleaning
1x Developer Cleaning
1x Calibration

And I update the firmware to the latest version.

Is it developer? Or the cleaning blade on drum is not working? Or the drum?
Please help me.

Kyove

D Colour
12-23-2015, 12:25 PM
Certainly looks like drums aren't being cleaned to me. That would be my first port of call. You can swap the drums around with the black (as it seems ok) and see if the fault moves.

blackcat4866
12-23-2015, 01:20 PM
Certainly looks like drums aren't being cleaned to me. That would be my first port of call. You can swap the drums around with the black (as it seems ok) and see if the fault moves.

I'm going to disagree. The ASi drums do not experience drum cleaning problems very often. I think you're going to find that one or more of your color developers is overtoning, dumping piles of toner on top of the developing unit, then the primary transfer belt pushes through the piles of toner, picking up some of it. If you were to do a good cleaning, It probably would go away for a day or two until you do something about the overtoning.

It's also possible that you have sucked up a piece of paper into the primary transfer belt cleaning unit. It will be sitting right on top of the belt and obvious as hell. Take care removing it though. I will be wrapped up in the cleaner brush and let loose quite a cloud of toner if you just yank it out.

If you had taken a look, you might have discovered these things yourself. =^..^=

D Colour
12-23-2015, 01:49 PM
Don't think I have ever seen dev streaks like that BC. Certainly have seen random blobs over prints from dropping toner, but never so streaky!

subaro
12-23-2015, 01:57 PM
I'm going to disagree. The ASi drums do not experience drum cleaning problems very often. I think you're going to find that one or more of your color developers is overtoning, dumping piles of toner on top of the developing unit, then the primary transfer belt pushes through the piles of toner, picking up some of it. If you were to do a good cleaning, It probably would go away for a day or two until you do something about the overtoning.

It's also possible that you have sucked up a piece of paper into the primary transfer belt cleaning unit. It will be sitting right on top of the belt and obvious as hell. Take care removing it though. I will be wrapped up in the cleaner brush and let loose quite a cloud of toner if you just yank it out.

If you had taken a look, you might have discovered these things yourself. =^..^=

Your analysis may be correct blackcat, however i think for the purposes of reassurance, swapping the mangenta drums with the yellow would be a definite confimation as the magenta is not showing up. Also in an overtoning condition, would it not be likely that all the devs would overtone. just a thought here.
Anyway, i think the swapping of the drums would be first in a standard troubleshooting procedure in this case, of course, checking belt cleaning too.

kyove
01-13-2016, 09:36 PM
This is the rest of the story:
Few days after i started this thread the machine says yellow toner is empty: it drops from 74% to 0% (very strange).
A week after machine give error C7104 and doesn't print anymore.

I replaced yellow drum and developer, cyan drum and developer, thoroughly clean the image formation section and holder, check and clean the belt cleaning (it has no problem).

Now MFP is working very well, print quality is fine!!

But the question is: what is the problem? There were nothing wrong in belt cleaning section.
BlackCat4866 talks about overtoning. What is it? From what it belong? I hope problem will not come back in the coming days.

Kyove

NeoMatrix
01-13-2016, 10:00 PM
Check that the yellow developer unit 2nd developer/toner roller is engaging fully when the dev unit is pushed into the machine.

Make sure the dev unit long chrome rod is correctly clipped into the plastic housing at the back of the dev unit.
If the rod is located wrong the 2nd developer/toner roller will engage at run at a slight angle and may build up toner.

HTH

NeoMatrix
01-13-2016, 10:11 PM
This is the rest of the story:
Few days after i started this thread the machine says yellow toner is empty: it drops from 74% to 0% (very strange).
A week after machine give error C7104 and doesn't print anymore.

I replaced yellow drum and developer, cyan drum and developer, thoroughly clean the image formation section and holder, check and clean the belt cleaning (it has no problem).

Now MFP is working very well, print quality is fine!!

But the question is: what is the problem? There were nothing wrong in belt cleaning section.
BlackCat4866 talks about overtoning. What is it? From what it belong? I hope problem will not come back in the coming days.

Kyove

Developer builds up or goes hard in one area of the dev unit.
Take the yellow developer unit out and give it a firm thump side to side with the palm of you hand. Shake it side to side a couple of times and then turn the dev unit by hand to see if the lower developer roller is getting an even coverage.

If the above doesn't work; replace the dev unit with a new one.

I also believe you should avoid vacuuming around these units unless you have a well earth vacuum cleaner.
I'm informed that static discharge can play havoc with the toner sensors in these dev units.
When removed from the machine I actually place a static clip to the metal frame of the MFP before I vacuum toner from around these developer units.

HTH

blackcat4866
01-14-2016, 01:59 AM
... But the question is: what is the problem? There were nothing wrong in belt cleaning section.

Kyove

Overtoning is when there is a disproportionately large amount of toner in the toner/developer mix. Toner particles statically cling in a spherical shape around each ferrite (developer) particle. It's called the tribo-electric effect. If there is too much toner in the mix, some of that toner will not have a ferrite particle to cling to, and it will be expelled from the developing unit when the developing roller spins. On the Saturn series that toner tends to pile up on the top of the developing unit.

I know that technical language can be difficult to translate. Have I made this clear? =^..^=

Proudfox
11-07-2021, 11:37 AM
Hi Guys, im having a very disturbing problem with my Taskalfa 250CI, im an IT Technician and would love to hear all the possible suggestions of how to repair this awful problem, i bought this machine from several months and it was working well untill i stated geting this problem, so kindly if you can share me all of the details links pictures video of how to repair it than ill be very thankful =), you see the printing details in the file i shared

fishleg
11-07-2021, 09:29 PM
Hi Guys, im having a very disturbing problem with my Taskalfa 250CI, im an IT Technician and would love to hear all the possible suggestions of how to repair this awful problem, i bought this machine from several months and it was working well untill i stated geting this problem, so kindly if you can share me all of the details links pictures video of how to repair it than ill be very thankful =), you see the printing details in the file i shared

My first guess would be is it genuine toner? Next would be is waste driving properly? 3rd would be drum blades and last would be Dev.

blackcat4866
11-07-2021, 10:50 PM
My first guess would be is it genuine toner? Next would be is waste driving properly? 3rd would be drum blades and last would be Dev.

Take a look at the samples in the other thread. He's got a lot of work to do. =^..^=

Custom Search