View Full Version : GMAIL Scan on Bizhub C364

Custom Search

Nelo
12-28-2015, 03:53 AM
Bizhub C364 was scanning to gmail before using below configs:

Scan setup details:

SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
Port: SMTP over SSL, port # 465
Authentication: User ID and Password entered.

IPV4 DNS: Primary; 8.8.4.4 - for communication with gmail smtp.

POP is disabled.

Ping gmail smtp from machine is ok.

Email scan job is deleted due to Server Connection Error

After reconfiguring the email settings 2 times and even upgraded new firmware and retried scan but the error persists.

I cannot get around fixing this fault. Need assistance here.

srvctec
12-28-2015, 04:00 AM
There were a couple of service bulletins about the changes Google made back in October. I think they changed the SSL settings and the work around is to install special F/W, change some soft switches and a bunch of other stuff I hope I never have to do because it sounded like a mess. I wish KM would just come out with special F/W that would fix it without all the extra hoops to jump through.

copyrooks
12-28-2015, 03:02 PM
There were a couple of service bulletins about the changes Google made back in October. I think they changed the SSL settings and the work around is to install special F/W, change some soft switches and a bunch of other stuff I hope I never have to do because it sounded like a mess. I wish KM would just come out with special F/W that would fix it without all the extra hoops to jump through.

i've done this fix a few times and its honestly not that bad. On the 3 times i've done it no data was lost and no errors were encountered. Just follow the bulletin and you'll be fine.

kmguy
12-28-2015, 06:50 PM
Here is the latest posted information posted, hopes this helps.

ID: KBA00026997

Updated: 12/22/2015 12:27:05
Related Products:bizhub C284,bizhub C364,bizhub C454,bizhub C554
Scan to Gmail fix

EarthKmTech
12-28-2015, 09:46 PM
May I have the bulletin number by any chance, or the bulletin itself so i can have a look over it

Thanks

rayclouthier
12-28-2015, 11:05 PM
May I have the bulletin number by any chance, or the bulletin itself so i can have a look over it

Thanks
Bulletin 9876 contains these instructions, as well as the correct firmware levels for the gmail fix.

1. Set dipsw 25 to Hex 20
2. Set dipsw 72 to Hex 04
3. Reboot machine
4. Back up the machine settings in admin mode to External Drive (Admin mode pg. 2- External Memory Backup - Export)
5. Load FW ver GB0-A9
6. After fw completes, power off, remove usb and boot machine to full ready screen.
7. Load FW ver GB2-K5
8. Reboot machine and test.
9. Set dipsw 72 to Hex 00

If the machine shows a CE301 code, please follow instructions in Bulletin 9876.

The solutions for the legacy models are within bulletin 9894.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mincopier
12-29-2015, 12:23 AM
I have done one and had to input the network IP settings even though they were already there.

It is bulletin number 9876

emujo
12-29-2015, 02:05 PM
Is this a corporate gmail account? If so, you may be able to change the permission for "less secure apps". Other than that, the problem is the non-e series don't offer support for TLS1.2. The non-e is already considered an "obsolete" MFP and KM probably won't spend too much time writing firmware to support the TLS change. I too have seen the special firmware and soft switch settings allow it to work, but it wasn't 100% successful. You may try creating your own account and make the changes to the "apps" security to test. My test account seems to work pretty well in most environments. Emujo

slimslob
12-29-2015, 02:17 PM
This Google Apps help document might be of help.
https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en

mincopier
12-29-2015, 03:09 PM
Here is a link to the bulletin itself.

wseyller
12-29-2015, 10:11 PM
Here are steps I use simplified. I've done several of these and have never lost any data.

1. Change softswitch 25 from hex value 00 to 20

2. At this point I also delete the old movie data version 03

3. Flash special firmware GB0-A9

4. Install newest movie data version 30

5. Flash special firmware GB2-K5

Scan to email using a gmail server should now work. You can also bump function version higher if you like by setting softswitch 25 from hex value 20 to 60. You may need to install latest drivers if you raise function level to reduce possible issues with printing.

Nelo
12-30-2015, 01:21 AM
Is this a corporate gmail account? If so, you may be able to change the permission for "less secure apps". Other than that, the problem is the non-e series don't offer support for TLS1.2. The non-e is already considered an "obsolete" MFP and KM probably won't spend too much time writing firmware to support the TLS change. I too have seen the special firmware and soft switch settings allow it to work, but it wasn't 100% successful. You may try creating your own account and make the changes to the "apps" security to test. My test account seems to work pretty well in most environments. Emujo

The customer has a google business account. I think I have to get them to check their email server configurations.

mo0651
12-30-2015, 02:22 PM
I had just set up e-mail with the above steps and worked!! I did notice tho the port at my customer was #587. Don't know what yours might be using.

Custom Search