PDA

View Full Version : bizhub PRESS 1052, interesting print anomalies

Custom Search

blackcat4866
12-28-2015, 11:32 PM
These samples display a plethora of interesting anomalies. The first sample occurred a week ago, and I managed to make the symptoms go away temporarily. The second sample is from today, and again I was able to clear it out temporarily.

The most interesting part to me, is the fact that these samples all printed LTR, including copies, prints, and internal reports.
In sample #1 there are two bands of image in the feed direction, that have transposed shadows ~2 1/8" wide and full feed length, but moved over 3 1/2". In the second sample the back portion is completely grayed out, excepting the areas that are negative, and the leading edge (almost) void.

It is fairly obvious to me that LED printhead array is somehow transforming the image. Re-seating the connectors to the LED assy cleared it out in both cases. If it becomes permanent, I will swap it into it's sister machine, just to see if I can move the problem. 4.5M images. The LED array is on order. =^..^=

DigiMan
02-24-2016, 10:54 AM
These samples display a plethora of interesting anomalies. The first sample occurred a week ago, and I managed to make the symptoms go away temporarily. The second sample is from today, and again I was able to clear it out temporarily.

The most interesting part to me, is the fact that these samples all printed LTR, including copies, prints, and internal reports.
In sample #1 there are two bands of image in the feed direction, that have transposed shadows ~2 1/8" wide and full feed length, but moved over 3 1/2". In the second sample the back portion is completely grayed out, excepting the areas that are negative, and the leading edge (almost) void.

It is fairly obvious to me that LED printhead array is somehow transforming the image. Re-seating the connectors to the LED assy cleared it out in both cases. If it becomes permanent, I will swap it into it's sister machine, just to see if I can move the problem. 4.5M images. The LED array is on order. =^..^=

Installed a new one(my first) the other day and also had some problems.
Strange mis-centering of print/copy in sub-scan direction 3-4mm and also leading edge voiding out.
After some adjustments in sm i managed to get it working correctly.
Also its finisher is acting strangely,i had to take out the grippers,but it stills messes up the sets.(havent fixed that yet)
Now what i expected on its first day though.

blackcat4866
02-24-2016, 11:55 PM
The LED assy did resolve it permanently. At first it looked kinda like charge memory on the drum. Back in the analog days, generic Selenium Tellurium drums used to retain charge memory and consequently reprint the same image weaker further down the page. Or when the old neon cleaning lamps failed. =^..^=

DigiMan
02-26-2016, 06:43 PM
Selenium drums

Gimme a break man im only 25 :D

neil greenhough
02-26-2016, 06:51 PM
Have the machines had all parts fitted when they are due? Had the same problem with 1051 a couple of years ago. Machine had done 10 million and I had not had time to service it correctly. Stopped everything else and spent the time servicing it and fitting the parts. Lo and behold the fault vanished. I looked after 3 other machines at the same site, all with same mileage so I did the same with those. Hard work but hey then ran service to service.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
02-27-2016, 12:24 AM
Having no other experience, I follow the maintenance counters built into the machine. It's worked out well so far. =^..^=

Mr. Breaker
02-27-2016, 09:51 AM
Have the machines had all parts fitted when they are due? Had the same problem with 1051 a couple of years ago. Machine had done 10 million and I had not had time to service it correctly. Stopped everything else and spent the time servicing it and fitting the parts. Lo and behold the fault vanished. I looked after 3 other machines at the same site, all with same mileage so I did the same with those. Hard work but hey then ran service to service.

All our machines run service to service ;) . I love it when a machine runs pm to pm :cool:

neil greenhough
02-27-2016, 10:23 AM
Yep! Corner cutters need to learn don't they?

allan
03-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Thank for the heads up on the problem. When i saw the stack with the half greyed pages with inverted lettering i knew already.

Ran into this last week and had to change the LPH assy today.

At first it did exactly the same as your samples. Striped and reassembled it and cleaned and checked all the connectors and worked for two more days.
Well the problem came back again but ended with a code C4725, and that was the end of the LPHB. Replaced it and its running ok for two days already.

Expensive little bit that LPH assy!!

allan
03-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Just to update. I used a used LPHB to test and that did work. On further inspection and testing by changing the harness on the "defective assy" it seems the harness it at fault.

Lucky not to have the expense of the entire assy.
Also lucky to have the centering and CD magnification to be correct without adjustment.

:)

blackcat4866
03-04-2016, 12:51 AM
Just to update. I used a used LPHB to test and that did work. On further inspection and testing by changing the harness on the "defective assy" it seems the harness it at fault.

Lucky not to have the expense of the entire assy.
Also lucky to have the centering and CD magnification to be correct without adjustment.

:)

It seems to be a cumulative effect over time and prints. Just powering off the machine will restore normal copy quality temporarily. I would not be surprised if you saw a return of your problem. =^..^=

allan
03-04-2016, 03:00 AM
Yes i am ready to replace it. I am just hoping for the best.

allan
03-16-2016, 07:00 AM
Just to report. It seems the cable fixed it for me. :D

Cant seem to get images uploaded.

Custom Search