PDA

View Full Version : TN-612 toner

Custom Search

yianni
12-30-2015, 10:53 PM
I wonder why I'm buying two "types" of TN-612K? From one source the first one and from another source the second.
Are both current boxes? Is one of them an old box not being sold now? I'm always buying C/M/Y the 2 "type".
I wonder if one of them is counterfeit. I have seen enough such in my country.

Hansoon
12-31-2015, 06:33 AM
I think the box explains it. One is completely manufactured in Japan, the other, in the darker box, is bulk toner from Japan being filled and packed in France. Both look original to me.

Hans

ZOOTECH
12-31-2015, 06:48 AM
I think the boy explains it. One is completely manufactured in Japan, the other, in the darker box, is bulk toner from Japan being filled and packed in France. Both look original to me.

Hans
I agree, the OEMs will often have different packaging from different regions.

yianni
01-13-2016, 11:53 PM
If it was in a totally different box, it would be compatible, not counterfeit!
Have any of you seen a -current sold- cartridge in the [A] box? If the [A] box is an old box not currently being sold, I'm more suspicious on this.

Mr Spock
01-14-2016, 04:49 AM
See if the boxes or the bottles have a date or production code on them.

I believe box 1 is just a slightly older box and 2 is the one currently in production (at least in the USA).

yianni
01-14-2016, 05:36 AM
How much old is the box (1) in USA?
Can I have info from other countries? Are cartridges with box (1) sold now?

Half of the cartridges: have a code 40232KS6 printed onto the box, while the inside corresponding bottles have a printed adhesive label with the code 40202KS6. And the remaining half cartridges: boxes: 40231KS6, and the corresponding bottles: 40172KS6.

Custom Search