PDA

View Full Version : KM Bizhub C451 Repeating Pattern

Custom Search

mattguthrie
01-04-2016, 07:34 PM
Hey All,

I have a pattern that I don't recognize printing from a C451(see pic). It is obviously in the engine section but I'm not sure where to start. Hopefully the many experienced eyes that peruse this site will enlighten me.
Thank you in advance for any assistance.

MVPunisher
01-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Cant really tell by the pic. Is that just the black or multiple colors produced in those lines. I would lean PH or MFP .... weird.

allan
01-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Have you reseated the ram and the cables?
Its looks digital like scrambled data.
Any error codes?

mattguthrie
01-04-2016, 08:26 PM
E
Cant really tell by the pic. Is that just the black or multiple colors produced in those lines. I would lean PH or MFP .... weird.

That is a very good question. Upon further examination, the solid color test pattern has some color in the defect. PH, MFB, firmware maybe? I just don't know where to start. Thanks for your input, MVPunisher. You pointed out something I didn't notice.

MVPunisher
01-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Yea I'd try what Allan said and reseat anything and everything on the mfp board. Have had that board cause issues of this nature multiple times, as the image processes on this board. Not something I would want to jump to and be wrong first though. Not cheap.

ncbabak
01-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Thin lines or linear strips may appear on copies/prints.
Solution

CAUSE: SDRAM failure on MFP board.
Note : Attached is a sample of the output when the SDRAM fails. To viewthe PDF, you may need to download a free copy of Adobe Reader®.

SOLUTION: The SDRAM has been replaced on modified (new) MFP boards. Affected boards can be replaced FOC through warranty replacement. Please
follow normal FOC procedures for replacement as outlined below. The following part numbers are available for this program.
bizhub C353 (p/n A02E H341 06)
bizhub C203/C253 (p/n A02E H342 06)
bizhub C650 (p/n A00J H021 00)
bizhub C451/C550 (p/n A00J H020 07)
The affected board must be sent back for warranty credit.

SSD REPLACEMENT PART(S) CLAIM ORDERING PROCEDURE :
Part(s) can be ordered via the online SSD Solutions RA/Claim form which is accessible in MyKonicaMinolta.com ? Service ? Warranty, Repair & Special
Programs ? Warranty Services & Technical/FOC Programs ? SSD Technical Solutions Claims ? SSD Solutions RA/Claims form.
Select the appropriate Solution ID from the “SSD Solutions” pop-up box in the SSD Solutions RA/Claim Form. The choice will then display a description of the
associated part that will be shipped. Under this SSD program, KMBS will ship Replacement MFP Board at LDN Pricing. The returned MFP board must be
accompanied with a print sample exhibiting the MFP issue. Upon receipt of the defective MFP Board at the KMBS Warranty Recovery Center and verification
of the SDRAM issue, KMBS will issue a credit to reverse the MFP Board Warranty Advance Exchange charge.
All parts will be shipped via UPS 2-day Air Service, and an automated E-mail will be sent to the submitting KMBS Customer confirming the shipment. In
addition the E-mail will provide KMBS claim number, part(s) order status and the UPS Tracking Number for the delivery.
SPECIAL NOTE : Solution contribution by Bill Ehmke, ESS
Solution

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/88840-c451-fuzzy-horizontal-lines-whole-document.html?highlight=konicaminolta+C451-550-650

EarthKmTech
01-05-2016, 11:23 AM
yep, mfp board, changed many in my time.

and in regards to the previous bulletin, its specifically referring to the soldered down sdram on the mfp board, so unless you can change that, its a new mfp board you'll be needing.

Custom Search