PDA

View Full Version : BizHub 500 C-6701

Custom Search

alexxcopier
06-12-2008, 03:54 PM
The machine starts with C-2403 toner bottle problem than shows c0000 Then after turning on came code C-6701 "AOC abnormality. AOC counter overflow"
after reseting the code several times , with the power buttons. Somehow I have code C-0000 , which is not idocumentated. Again power off and on and again C-6701
Any Ideas
will be very thankful
Cheers

bgbas
06-12-2008, 09:32 PM
May be the NVRAM.
I'm not sure if there is a recovery procedure for this model which you may want to try before replacing it.

Products:
bizhub 360
bizhub 420
bizhub 500
Options:
None Specified Details Subject:
Error code C0000.
Description:
Error code C0000
Solution:
CAUSE: Failed or corrupt NVRAM.

SOLUTION: Please replace the NVRAM (p/n 50GA-9111). Follow the procedure in attached Bulletin Number 5783.

bgbas
06-12-2008, 09:36 PM
Here is some more bad news for you. Good luck:eek:

Subject:
C-6701 at power up.
Description:
C-6701
Solution:

PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Failed Overall Control Board (OACB).
Replace the Overall CB (p/n 50GA-930 1H).

2. A communication issue between the CCD and OACB. Usually issue appears shortly after having the OACB (Overall Control Board) removed or replaced.
Please check the flat cable between the CCD and OACB. Make sure it is undamaged and connected properly. Replace the CCD cable (p/n 50GA 9050 0) if reseating it has no effect on the service code.

alexxcopier
06-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Thank you bgbas (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/bgbas.html) for quick response
u got beer from me :)
i'll check in the first chance for
2. A communication issue between the CCD and OACB. Usually issue appears shortly after having the OACB (Overall Control Board) removed or replaced.
Please check the flat cable between the CCD and OACB. Make sure it is undamaged and connected properly. Replace the CCD cable (p/n 50GA 9050 0) if reseating it has no effect on the service code.
for the other one i have to be sure couse it's not cheap
Thanks again

Haroldbfix
06-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Try firmware, which is a real pain if you have never done it. However its cheap.

Rudi
06-23-2008, 03:44 PM
i had the same problem after working on the toner hopper at the back what happened first is the flat cable pulled out from the ccd because of my ignorance then i think it must have shorted out against the mach body when i switched it on to make a long story short i had to replace the oacb and we had to redo firmware. i was getting c 6701 c6702 and c0000. there are small fuse like components on the oacb called icp you can check them for continuity with your meter maybe one is blown.

Downunder
06-24-2008, 11:22 PM
This is going to be an ongoing problem. I was working on a 2403 fault, was very careful with board removal, etc. 6701 fault appeared on bootup, tried to rest numerous times. Ended up replacing OACB, then had to redo firmware.

alexxcopier
07-14-2008, 08:18 PM
there are small fuse like components on the oacb called icp you can check them for continuity with your meter maybe one is blown.
i think you are right in the middle gona check them and will post any INFO back
Bye

kingarthur
08-18-2008, 08:52 PM
i had the same problem after working on the toner hopper at the back what happened first is the flat cable pulled out from the ccd because of my ignorance then i think it must have shorted out against the mach body when i switched it on to make a long story short i had to replace the oacb and we had to redo firmware. i was getting c 6701 c6702 and c0000. there are small fuse like components on the oacb called icp you can check them for continuity with your meter maybe one is blown.
Why didn't you replace the ICP, it's a 10 minute job. Everytime we scrap a Konica 7020 or similar we keep the driver pcb, which has enough ICP's on it to keep you going for a while, a free of charge repair, saving you the expense of a new oacb. Doesn't anybody repair pcb's these days.

Rudi
08-23-2008, 12:21 PM
We are from a minolta side so all our used machines are minoltas , i did however keep this oacb for future problems.

redime
08-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Here is some more bad news for you. Good luck:eek:

Subject:
C-6701 at power up.
Description:
C-6701
Solution:

PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Failed Overall Control Board (OACB).
Replace the Overall CB (p/n 50GA-930 1H).

Yup, this is the fix... not the NVRAM

Try using your meter to poke around at ICP's - might get lucky and find a smoked one. Then its simply resoldering a new one.... otherwise you're looking at over $1,000 USD for a new one

Custom Search