PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent "Power Off" error from C203 using smb scan.

Custom Search

wseyller
01-05-2016, 09:17 PM
I went onsite and the history showed many times scanning to two different laptops and the error shows as "power off". Never seen this error before. But when I arrived onsite both PCs scan just fine.

They said there computer was on so not sure what to make of it.

emujo
01-06-2016, 01:42 PM
"power off" is logged when MFP is turned off during job...My guess is MFP is locking up/unresponsive during a scan job, and the user is flipping the main switch to restart MFP. Tell them to walk away and let the MFP generate a failure message or look in service mode for some other failure codes when this happens, then call for service. Emujo

wseyller
01-06-2016, 05:22 PM
"power off" is logged when MFP is turned off during job...My guess is MFP is locking up/unresponsive during a scan job, and the user is flipping the main switch to restart MFP. Tell them to walk away and let the MFP generate a failure message or look in service mode for some other failure codes when this happens, then call for service. Emujo
Thanks for info. They also told me they never saw an error message but never said anything about turning powering off.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Custom Search