PDA

View Full Version : konica c35 jam codes

Custom Search

DOE
01-06-2016, 02:34 PM
i dont have a c35 service manual. could someone tell me how to turn on jam codes. copier says jam but no jam to be found. cleaned sensor below the transfer roller checked others over and all looks well. have took it all apart and checked over and still says jam but doesnt give code. thanks arrow points to side door.

allan
01-06-2016, 03:42 PM
Is your paper leaving the tray?
Print out an event log in service mode. Its under print menu.
This machine does not have the traditional jam codes, but it will count the jams per section.
Let us know what section.

tech51
01-06-2016, 08:37 PM
I'm with Allen on this one.
Customers nearly always report jamming but no paper in the side to clear.
I normally put a mark on the feed roller to make sure it's rotating.
If not it's generally the feed clutch at the back of the machine.
If it's rotating then it's usually the feed roller and double feed roller that are worn.
Replace them as a pair or it will still jam.
Also check that the silver guide plate and mylar that sit under the feed roller are intact and still stuck on correctly.
Hope this helps.

DOE
01-07-2016, 01:42 PM
I'm with Allen on this one.
Customers nearly always report jamming but no paper in the side to clear.
I normally put a mark on the feed roller to make sure it's rotating.
If not it's generally the feed clutch at the back of the machine.
If it's rotating then it's usually the feed roller and double feed roller that are worn.
Replace them as a pair or it will still jam.
Also check that the silver guide plate and mylar that sit under the feed roller are intact and still stuck on correctly.
Hope this helps.copier says jam right away and will not let you make a copy. has a arrow pointing to side door. i have taken copier apart and there are no jams. cleaned all sensors but still says its jammed.

allan
01-07-2016, 02:59 PM
Change all the feed components in the tray and both clutches at the back of the machine.
In one case the entire paper tray fixed the problem. It's a known issue on these C35 machines.

DOE
04-07-2016, 06:59 PM
Change all the feed components in the tray and both clutches at the back of the machine.
In one case the entire paper tray fixed the problem. It's a known issue on these C35 machines.
Was able to remove drum toner and waste unit also tranßfer unit and sensor that sits below transfer belt. Put it all back together and it worked. Made 6 copies and when they finished said jam again. This time I replaced sensors and actuators and still says that it's jammed.. Says jam before you can even try to make copy

habik
04-08-2016, 12:21 AM
Was able to remove drum toner and waste unit also tranßfer unit and sensor that sits below transfer belt. Put it all back together and it worked. Made 6 copies and when they finished said jam again. This time I replaced sensors and actuators and still says that it's jammed.. Says jam before you can even try to make copy

You have to remove the back covers and work from there.

tech51
04-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Which actuators/sensors did you change?
It certainly seems like you have a sticking actuator somewhere.
A tech of mine had the actuator in the duplex path stick causing the fault you describe and that was on a new assembly straight out of the box.
The actuator above the transfer roller and the exit actuator can stick also causing this.
Failing that you may have a wiring or board fault.
Anything is possible on these little monsters!

Synthohol
04-08-2016, 11:44 PM
you can try this guide, usually i find the one way bearing clutch slips on the shaft. burnish the shaft with a scotch brite pad or emery cloth same direction as the shaft and soak the clutch bearing with alcohol.

habik
04-09-2016, 01:26 PM
I've had success with modified mylar on separation I made. When I go there next, I'll take a picture.

Custom Search