PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Fs-9530 developer unit replaced

Custom Search

Joe Foe from Buffalo
01-07-2016, 02:57 AM
Put a new DV-710 Developer unit in an can't get machine to add toner to the developer unit.
Tried:
1) as said to do in service manual page 1-3-35 menu,other,service,developer..turned machine off/on cycles for 10_mins saying adding toner.. But check developer unit after 10 mins an it didn't add any toner.

2) opened developer unit an manually put toner in unit. Makes perfect copies... Till it calls for toner an says its adding it seamly tries for 10 mins.

Keep in mind old developer unit works.. Adds toner way it should...

correo.tony
01-07-2016, 01:25 PM
1.- Push key " Menu "
2.- Select Service mode
3.- Push key " OK "
4.- Select Dev. Unit
5.- Push key " OK "
6.- Menu ask : " New developer unit ? " and then push key " OK "
7.- Turn printer off and unplug cable
8.- Plug cable anf turn printer on and wait 5 minutes with message : " Adding toner "
9.- :cool:

Bye

Joe Foe from Buffalo
01-07-2016, 01:33 PM
Thank you for the reply and info. I mean I have been clear I have done what you said please explain number eight though in your steps in case I'm missing something

Joe Foe from Buffalo
01-07-2016, 01:41 PM
Also...display says "replace mk unit" that should have reset when it was pmed with all new units...

Joe Foe from Buffalo
01-07-2016, 02:32 PM
I think I understand what your saying in steps 7-8 in referring to unplug the power cord. I have tried that also.

correo.tony
01-07-2016, 04:31 PM
I think I understand what your saying in steps 7-8 in referring to unplug the power cord. I have tried that also.

Yes Joe !!
steps 7-8 is unplug the power cord,
sorry, I wrote so fast !!

If you want to change all pieces of Maintenance Kit, you must to do :

1.- Push key " Menu "
2.- Select Service mode
3.- Push key " OK "
4.- Select Dev. Unit or Drum Kit or MK Kit
5.- Push key " OK "
6.- Menu ask : " New Developer unit ? " or " New Drum Unit ? " or " New MK Unit ? " and then push key " OK "
7.- Turn printer off and unplug cable
8.- Unplug cord cable and turn printer on and wait 5 minutes with message : " Adding toner " an message " Replace MK Unit " automatically was erased !
9.- :cool:

Bye

Joe Foe from Buffalo
01-07-2016, 04:38 PM
Thank you, As said I have tried that and didn't work. FYI in your step #4 I have no option called MK Kit. Do have Paper Handling,Developer,Drum,Charger though...As detailed in the service manual on page mentioned page 1-3-35. Hope some one else has some way to get this to work....

blackcat4866
01-08-2016, 02:00 AM
Have you sent the PreScribe commands to reset the various PM items? I'm pretty sure that I responded to one of your posts on this topic. =^..^=

Joe Foe from Buffalo
01-08-2016, 02:30 AM
No I haven't tried the prescribe. Since I never did it before I've been asked not to till needed. Maybe I'm wrong but this issue of not adding toner has nothing to do with the replace mk in the display. Again to be clear old developer unit works the way it should. Only replacing it cause its causing lines.

Joe Foe from Buffalo
01-13-2016, 04:10 PM
Bump...anyone...have $.02 on how to fix this?

Has Been
01-14-2016, 01:08 AM
Bump...anyone...have $.02 on how to fix this?

I have had the same scenario ......I dumped out the old dv unit and used IT instead of the new one. Toned up OK.

Custom Search