PDA

View Full Version : Okidata

Custom Search

mansart
01-08-2016, 01:45 AM
Looking at Oki as a second line.

Any input with regard to Oki machines, and Oki as a manufacturer appreciated.....

What I've seen in field appear to be Oki, Oki-Toshiba, and Oki Lexmark.

We have spoken to Oki and had initial "meeting"....... looking at the numbers (as seen by OKI) with all the promo's, rebate, service reimburse and parts warranty....... seems on the surface to good to be true....

What's the real deal once the ink is dry?

TIA

JR2ALTA
01-08-2016, 02:04 AM
My company went with Oki as well but less than two years later they ran like hell

We dealt in the MFPs like CX4545 and smaller units like CX2731. Some ran like champs and we never serviced them. But others were plagued with problems.

Tech support staff is nice and would honor a lot of warranty replacements but they really lacked knowledge. It usually was just them reading the manual out loud.

The service mode sucks.

The smaller units have very expense consumables with low yield. For example the CX2731 has ALL FOUR DRUMS built together. So if the K is bad you're throwing the 3 other colors in the garage.

In the end we had a couple nightmare machines and all our techs hated them. So we cut them loose.

If you have any Toshiba trained techs they will understand them much better.

I know my info is a little dated, maybe they've improved on some things. In my opinion your second brand should be Copystar

blackcat4866
01-08-2016, 02:15 AM
It's been a while for me, but the image quality is typically above average, and the consumables costly. If you need to access anything beyond the consumables it can be a chore.

I don't know if this got resolved on the newer models, but on the older ones, if an AIO unit was changed before it reached yield or "Replace ... " message, the counter did not reset and would dead stop a few thousand into the replacement unit. The only fix was to install another AIO. =^..^=

Custom Search