PDA

View Full Version : Image Transfer Belt Unit C350

Custom Search

JPT
06-12-2008, 09:57 PM
I have seen that it is not too difficult to change the transfer belt unit. Does anyone have a tech manual as to how to do this? Or any suggestions and/or cautions on changing out the unit?

Bizhub
06-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Give the customers a bag of fuses and you will save loads.

:)

JPT
06-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Can you explain what you mean by the fuses?

laserman06
06-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Can you explain what you mean by the fuses?

The fuse that Bizhub is talking about is a 80ma fuse. If you pull the transfer belt out about a foot, you will see a silver screw on the top front of the cleaner assy. Take that fuse out and put another fuse in. Reinstall the transfer belt and it will reset and go for a lot longer. That will save a bundle.

dorusurf
06-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Hello
I have a question.
On wich silver screw we talk about it?
I have a similar problem with image trasfer belt ( in tech rep mode i can't reset te counter for trasfer belt and fuser maybe because the counter is much over the limit).
I tried to find that screw but i can't find it.
Please be more specific.
Thank's

JPT
06-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Laserman, this looks like the same doc that you posted ealier - I don't see the screw that you are referring to...or I perhaps I am not understanding which screw it is. Thanks in advance for your help.

laserman06
06-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Open up the document that I posted today. The screw that I am talking about is shown on the first page. It has a red circle around it. The file name is the same however I modified it. Hope this helps!

JPT
06-26-2008, 03:02 PM
You wouldn't think that it would be all that hard to find this fuse...I have tried nationally known hardware and electronics stores with no luck. I ended up ordering it on-line only to be told that it is back ordered until the last week in July. Any suggestions??

laserman06
06-26-2008, 04:32 PM
JPT,

Here is the place where we get ours. You might try them.

For anyone who wants to know a good place to get the fuses that will work on the various models to reset fusers and TBU , go to US - Electronic Components Distributor | Newark.com (http://www.newark.com/) and search for item #48K9877 or S500-80MA-R. Sense we are a large company we got them for 79 cents. :)

JPT
06-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks a bunch! You have been quite helpful with this issue.

I ordered the fuses from Newark (which by the way were less expensive then where I had originally ordered the fuses from).

jodiego7
06-26-2008, 06:46 PM
I would like to know if the transfer belt on the 8050 can be cleaned and polished up like other belts out there. Or is it necessary to place when it has marks on it?

jodiego7
06-26-2008, 06:50 PM
I have a konica 8050 that needs transfer belt work. Does this or can it be polished instead of replaced?

laserman06
06-26-2008, 08:39 PM
If the belt has toner build up on it, you can clean it. I use alcohol and a soft cloth. Let the belt dry completely, before installing. Make sure to put setting powder on the belt, and run clean blade procedure. After doing that run belt refresh and all adjustments.

mrfixit
07-23-2008, 04:58 AM
Hey Laserman
do you know the part # for the fuser fuse for the c350 from Newark?
Thanks

laserman06
07-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Same as the one for the transfer belt. It is listed above. I have a link in the post where we get them.

JPT
07-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Laserman06...the c350 is acting up again. All seemed fine then a message regarding the right door not being closed (when it was) came up. The office folks put a little pressure on the door which worked just fine and allowed the printer to go about its business. Then this code popped up C-0096. I know that it is a transfer belt issue. Do you have any ideas as to where to look?? Do you have any magic up your sleeves for this one?

mrfixit
07-23-2008, 10:39 PM
that's a transfer belt pressure error, probally because of the door. it's common for the rear door hook to break, it's a pretty cheap plastic.

mrfixit
07-23-2008, 11:10 PM
You hardwire that fuse on the fuser unit Laserman? the original is a little one that looks like a resistor right?

laserman06
07-24-2008, 01:23 AM
You hardwire that fuse on the fuser unit Laserman? the original is a little one that looks like a resistor right?

That is correct the original fuse is a pico style fuse, located in the connector wiring harness. I just snip it off, strip the insulation off both wires about an inch. I used to solder the wires on, but it is much easier to wrap the wires on around each end and tape them up. Completely enclose the fuse in electrical tape. I then check for continuity between the two pins that the wires lead to. Should have around 5.3 milliohms.

laserman06
07-24-2008, 01:26 AM
Laserman06...the c350 is acting up again. All seemed fine then a message regarding the right door not being closed (when it was) came up. The office folks put a little pressure on the door which worked just fine and allowed the printer to go about its business. Then this code popped up C-0096. I know that it is a transfer belt issue. Do you have any ideas as to where to look?? Do you have any magic up your sleeves for this one?
I have to agree with mrfixit. Sounds like the door latch, especially if the customer can push in on the door and it works. Also what you might want to check is that the transfer belt is fully seated. It is possible to push in the locking mechanisms without it being totally seated. Might be your problem.

kingallstar37
11-25-2009, 12:29 AM
I am getting a warning that i need to replace the image transfer belt on my Konica c353... can i simply replace the fuse in the transfer belt unit?

laserman06
11-25-2009, 01:31 AM
Yes, the transfer belt can be reset with a fuse.

kingallstar37
11-25-2009, 04:44 PM
C353... When I unscrew the 2 screws that keep the transfer belt in place and try to pull the transfer belt out, it gets stuck. It is catching on something. What am I doing wrong?

minimerlin
11-25-2009, 06:58 PM
C353... When I unscrew the 2 screws that keep the transfer belt in place and try to pull the transfer belt out, it gets stuck. It is catching on something. What am I doing wrong?You need to lift the belt assembly up a little bit before pulling it out.

kingallstar37
12-16-2009, 02:27 AM
I replaced the belt transfer unit... but it is still giving me the same error code. Is there a master reset function?

Stirton.M
12-16-2009, 06:06 AM
Ok, before you said you had a message about the transfer belt at end of life. Now you say you have a code?

To clarify, tap the Utility key on the control panel. On the display, touch "consumable life" button.

You will see the image unit, transfer belt and fuser life indicators there. The more "dots", the more used a particular unit is. If you placed a "new" transfer belt, it should have cleared the counter and the indicator should be all white. If it did not clear the counter, you have another problem present.

On the main screen, if you see an "oil can" indication there, touch that. The screen presented will show a list of "P" codes. Tell us what the code is, if any.

Having a ball
12-16-2009, 12:19 PM
I have seen that it is not too difficult to change the transfer belt unit. Does anyone have a tech manual as to how to do this? Or any suggestions and/or cautions on changing out the unit?
You will see 2 chrome right angled pieces of metal on iether side of the area were the transfer belt is undo the screws then the metel pieces spring out toward you then remove the belt ,as for the fuse tis fuse blows when you install a belt and resets the life counter for the belt so replace fuse or replace belt upto you.

kingallstar37
12-16-2009, 04:34 PM
It won't let me press any buttons. It just says to inform the service technician about "error C-3423"... anybody know what this means?

Custom Search