PDA

View Full Version : KM Bizhub C554 LK-101 V3 Installed Bizhub Marketplace

Custom Search

Timoteo82
01-08-2016, 04:01 PM
Ok, very stuck. I installed on a customers Bizhub C554 an LK-101 V3 as well as the UK-204 upgrade. The Web Browser works. The reason for this install was for the Bizhub Marketplace. So I ran through all the setup of the Marketplace guide from SSL to downloading the Bizhub Marketplace installer. The installer runs and then it reboots the C554. After that the instructions tell me to open the installer again on the PC I get the following image after I put the IP address and admin password in the installer see picture and this error pops up. I checked the firmware, the firmware on the unit is G20-72 the guide states that this error means the guide says the explanation to this problem is “This error will occur for the C754 series or later if a newer version of IWS is installed on the MFP (e.g. IWS 1.2 or later).” Does anyone know a fix for this? No idea how to check the IWS version on the MFP and how this would be a newer version vs the installer? please help.

allan
01-08-2016, 04:25 PM
I wonder if there is different installer guides for the "e" series and the older machines?

Timoteo82
01-08-2016, 04:35 PM
I checked it all goes back to the same install guide and lists both models.

allan
01-08-2016, 04:36 PM
https://www.bizhubmarketplace.eu/en/support.html

It does not seem to be supported on the non "e" series machines.:eek:
But this suggests a possible fix. You need IWS 2.0.

Timoteo82
01-08-2016, 04:45 PM
https://www.bizhubmarketplace.eu/en/support.html

It does not seem to be supported on the non "e" series machines.:eek:
But this suggests a possible fix. You need IWS 2.0.

That is the euro site (dont have access)... I am in the US. What does not seem to be supported on the "non e" series machines. How to get IWS 2.0? I don't see this anywhere. I attached the guide I am working off of. It shows the C554 second down on the list. Then the e-series below that.

emujo
01-08-2016, 04:58 PM
The guide list the firmware level as XXX-70, not 72. Also, there is a step addressing IWS settings for the C754 and later. I know that on the e series you don't have to change this soft switch (150) but if I remember (and we do have market place installed on both e and non e) you had to make this change to get it to work. I have the corporate announcement app installed on a fleet of non e MFPs. Not exactly the same as the market place app, but pretty close as to MFP settings. Also, the installer version was updated a few months ago. Have you updated your version? Emujo

Timoteo82
01-08-2016, 05:12 PM
The guide list the firmware level as XXX-70, not 72. Also, there is a step addressing IWS settings for the C754 and later. I know that on the e series you don't have to change this soft switch (150) but if I remember (and we do have market place installed on both e and non e) you had to make this change to get it to work. I have the corporate announcement app installed on a fleet of non e MFPs. Not exactly the same as the market place app, but pretty close as to MFP settings. Also, the installer version was updated a few months ago. Have you updated your version? Emujo

Yes the guide lists that firmware the previous version. The machine had already been updated to 72. (is there a way to go backwards). I see the step about enabling the IWS but the installer does that for you as well. The software switch (150) needs to be changed which I believe we have done because it states " (required to enable the Web browser in the MFP)" which the unit is able to web browse. Will the web browser still work if this has not been switched (150)? Ya the installer forced the update to v. 1.7 (Something) when it gets downloaded. I am just so stumped.

allan
01-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Get XXX-70 firmware. I suppose you load it as normal.

Timoteo82
01-08-2016, 06:00 PM
Get XXX-70 firmware. I suppose you load it as normal.

I have it the machine wont accept it just keeps saying n.g.

allan
01-08-2016, 07:05 PM
Installing a ROM? like Pluging in a PIC?
ROM and firmware is not the same thing.

Or its like konica iROM

Or ROM is the reference to the LK itself.

Timoteo82
01-08-2016, 07:08 PM

Can you give me more insight on this. Maybe im not understanding this correctly. I don't know where I would get the correct ROM.

Timoteo82
01-08-2016, 07:15 PM

Or its like konica iROM

Or ROM is the reference to the LK itself.

If Rom is reference to the LK license, thats installed and the web browser can be used. just wont allow me to install the bizhub marketplace on the touch panel itself.

allan
01-08-2016, 07:17 PM
Can you give me more insight on this. Maybe im not understanding this correctly. I don't know where I would get the correct ROM.

Just referring to the error message. The requirements is the LK-101 V3 and UK-204. But the requirements on a support site mentions an i-option ROM to be installed with IWS 2.0 functionality in addition.

So is that a hardware or a software component.

emujo
01-08-2016, 07:20 PM
The ROM (along with all other components) would be updated by the firmware. There is nothing physical to replace here (outside of a possible bad system board or SSD). Ver 72 can be dropped back to ver 70, if your USB device is not working, try another one or format it and try again. I would try the softswitch change before anything else, your browser will still work. Emujo

allan
01-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Remember to remove the LK before doing this.

Timoteo82
01-08-2016, 07:23 PM
The ROM (along with all other components) would be updated by the firmware. There is nothing physical to replace here (outside of a possible bad system board or SSD). Ver 72 can be dropped back to ver 70, if your USB device is not working, try another one or format it and try again. I would try the softswitch change before anything else, your browser will still work. Emujo

Do I need to remove the license on a firmware update? that seems a bit excessive right?

allan
01-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Do I need to remove the license on a firmware update? that seems a bit excessive right?

Not sure why? The LMS server think it is in use after you reload it after a crash.
We have lost a licence like that but i am not sure what happened.

emujo
01-08-2016, 08:38 PM
Typically, no, a firmware reload will not cause a loss of any installed licenses. HDD formats and MFP initialization can, and you would have to enlist the LMS group to recover the license. Of course, if you wind up with a problem while loading firmware I guess the license info could be lost, but I've never seen it happen. If changing the softswitch doesn't help then drop down your firmware to G20-70 per the marketplace admin guide. KM Japan may have updated the MFP Card (rom) to a version that is not acceptable in version 72. This was one of those updates that resolved (supposedly) a ton of issues. Emujo

Timoteo82
02-10-2016, 10:29 PM
We were able to get this installed on an E-Series model instead. We are running into a new error. When we log in with the sharepoint app it says user authentication denied. however we can log in via the web browser fine with this user.

B0265
02-12-2016, 04:06 PM
We had the same problem, enable the time adjustment settings (NTP) in the network settings. We also used the DOMAIN\USERNAME format for the login.

Custom Search