PDA

View Full Version : C353 Scanning to SMB issue

Custom Search

dshaw
06-13-2008, 03:46 PM
I've seen a similiar question on the board so hopefully someone can help.

I have a C353 and have set it up to scan to SMB but get a "login error" (under job details) when i try to scan. The copier is currently set up to scan to email which works fine if that helps in your diagnosis.

In pagescope>store address>desitination settings i have my computer name in uppercase letters, the file path as simply "scans" which is the folder on my desktop, and user id and password as my windows username and password.
Do i need to enter a more detailed file path?
Is the user id and password supposed to be windows info?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mungooz
06-13-2008, 04:35 PM
For user and password it is the windows user account for that workstation and the password used to login to that user account. Also important is if the desktop you are trying to scan to is part of a domain or a workgroup?
Also, make sure that the folder is shared and has permissions set to "Full control."

Mr Spock
06-13-2008, 04:57 PM
I've seen a similiar question on the board so hopefully someone can help.

I have a C353 and have set it up to scan to SMB but get a "login error" (under job details) when i try to scan. The copier is currently set up to scan to email which works fine if that helps in your diagnosis.

In pagescope>store address>desitination settings i have my computer name in uppercase letters, the file path as simply "scans" which is the folder on my desktop, and user id and password as my windows username and password.
Do i need to enter a more detailed file path?
Is the user id and password supposed to be windows info?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

change the path to "\scans" and see if that works.

dshaw
06-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the quick replies.

Mr. Spock - Tried it with \scans - did not work.

mungooz - permissions are set to full control, windows passwords are entered, i'm part of a domain

xcopytech
06-13-2008, 08:43 PM
put folder scans on root (C:)
share folder with allow network users to change it
and put in path \scans
also set PC IP address

cgolding
06-24-2008, 04:31 AM
go into command and do a ipconfig on the computer

where it says computer name, copy that and make sure you enter it in same case into the copier.. i have found computer names are case sensitive...

Custom Search