PDA

View Full Version : 951 with sd-510

Custom Search

iceman490
01-09-2016, 09:49 PM
This is the internal sd unit. Customer primarily makes booklets with it just approaching 2mil total count. All other finishing options are fine. But when you make a booklet there is a loud grinding noise and jam j7248. Konica had replace the sd unit motor. Everything runs fine in i/o mode and by hand. Anybody experience this before? Thank you

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

allan
01-10-2016, 04:12 PM
Check for rubber shavings in the machine. I had similar problem on another model where the screws fixing the sheet metal parts vibrate loose.
If everything in I/O works ok the it could be a problem with something loose in the paper path.

byronf
04-26-2019, 07:32 PM
Hi Guys,

I am currently faced with the same issue on B1052, did you guys manage to sort your issue out and how.

Phil B.
04-26-2019, 08:32 PM
Hi Guys,

I am currently faced with the same issue on B1052, did you guys manage to sort your issue out and how.

hey grave digger...

thread was from2016...
diff machine..

Start your own thread!

allan
04-26-2019, 08:42 PM
Hi Guys,

Hehe grave digger....

Are you working for Minolco or a dealer there in Durban?

If the thread is dead can i side track it?

Phil B.
04-26-2019, 08:59 PM
Hehe grave digger....

allan,

hell that's what we do.. in hope the 'digger' runs n hides!:cool::cool:

blackcat4866
04-27-2019, 03:04 AM
Actually the 951, 1052 and 1200 are all part of the same series and take most of the same accessories.

It sound to me like a bent folding knife. The thing about these saddle stitchers is that you cannot really watch anything work. You need to be friggin' psychic to figure out whats wrong with them. And J72-48 is the jam you'll mostly see in the saddle stitcher.

=^..^=

byronf
04-28-2019, 05:04 AM
Hehe grave digger....

Hi Allan. A grave digger indeed. I worked for a dealer 5 years ago then moved over to the Branch (Minolco)

byronf
04-28-2019, 05:13 AM
Actually the 951, 1052 and 1200 are all part of the same series and take most of the same accessories.

It sound to me like a bent folding knife. The thing about these saddle stitchers is that you cannot really watch anything work. You need to be friggin' psychic to figure out whats wrong with them. And J72-48 is the jam you'll mostly see in the saddle stitcher.

=^..^=

Hi Blackcat I will replace the folding knife and revert back to you.

We have X2 B1502, X2 B1250 and x2 B1100 at this client and they are all running 100% booklets. These machine are now averaging 9 million clicks since installation 16 months ago and all the SD's are no longer reliable. One of the other major issues is that they no longer folding correctly as well.

I have proposed SD-506 to the client however it costs a hell of a lot more.

blackcat4866
04-28-2019, 03:02 PM
I had two 1052's side-by-each that did mostly LT-R booklets. I spent about 1/3 of my service time on the finishers alone. The contact ended at 8M on each machine.

You'll probably know this but I'll go on:
-The single most important thing is to keep the paper tray side guides snug. And when the rod for the side guide latch gets notched, the guides will move out about 10mm and cause the booklet maker to jam.
-My enduser was a bit rough with the equipment, so I was continually finding bent guides, eject belt foot broken, multiple jams left in the booklet maker, and almost every visit I would find some random part snapped off and sitting on the edge of the finisher (theoretically for me to re-install).
-The typical maintenance items for the saddle stitcher are the folding knife, stapling tray eject belt, regulating plates in the stapling tray and booklet maker, springs for the fingers that hold down the paper in the elevator tray, static strips for the exit outlet, stapler cartridges, staplers.
-If your customer uses really crappy paper the punch size sensors can get coated in dust in less than 24 hours. The punch holes will start to walk towards the front of the page, until it jams or errors out or both.
-And you can't really do very much on these saddle stitchers without completely removing it from the finisher.
=^..^=

allan
04-28-2019, 11:40 PM
Hi Allan. A grave digger indeed. I worked for a dealer 5 years ago then moved over to the Branch (Minolco)

Sound like fun and you have 44 months to go?
If I may ask what dealer? Do you know Rishi?

byronf
04-29-2019, 09:10 PM
Sound like fun and you have 44 months to go?
If I may ask what dealer? Do you know Rishi?

I worked for kwa-Zulu Minolta t/a 3 C technology Andre Joubert (ex springbok)
Yes I know Rishi very well he works at the other dealer

allan
04-30-2019, 11:52 PM
I worked for kwa-Zulu Minolta t/a 3 C technology Andre Joubert (ex springbok)
Yes I know Rishi very well he works at the other dealer

Rishi rocks. One of the most thorough techs you will ever meet.
That other dealer don't even think of going there...
Been there done that recently.
Still here in Durban. Rough and tough on the Bluff.

Custom Search