PDA

View Full Version : C451 Transfer Belt Drive Problem

Custom Search

mrfuser
01-11-2016, 06:18 PM
Client complained of clicking/grinding sound and found that the Transfer Belt drive gear cluster was not staying engaged on exit side of belt area. We replaced that gear cluster and complete belt assembly and now it has come back again.

Any ideas why?

Thanks all!

srvctec
01-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Client complained of clicking/grinding sound and found that the Transfer Belt drive gear cluster was not staying engaged on exit side of belt area. We replaced that gear cluster and complete belt assembly and now it has come back again.

Any ideas why?

Thanks all!
The belt drive or cleaning unit drive? Check the cleaning unit drive motor to see if gear is worn out as well as gear of cleaning unit of belt that meshes with that motor. Had a couple of these do that at 1.5 - 2 million count. Makes a HORRIBLE high speed grinding sound.

copier tech
01-11-2016, 08:28 PM
This is a known fault, KM modied the drive gears. These are the parts you need.

A00J228100 Gear 55T

A00J228401 Frame

A00J228700 Shaft

A00J228900 Collar

allan
01-11-2016, 09:12 PM
So no compacted toner in the cleaning section?

richmods
01-12-2016, 10:04 PM
I have run into this a few times on the C452. I found that the plastic peg that seats the belt had broke off causing the back left corner of the tbelt to jump and making some ugly grinding noises. If you take the left side panel off you can see where the tbelt should be seated...make a copy and watch to see if it is moving up and down or inspect the tbelt for a broken peg. In cases where I did not have a tbelt I was able to put a shim in there to stop the noise until a new belt arrived.

mrfuser
02-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Okay, new belt, upgraded gears and cleaned all toner waste path. Works great for about a week then comes back to grinding as the new gears are ruined again. Any ideas?

allan
02-01-2016, 06:18 PM
There is a tab on the machine side that opens the waste port on the belt unit. If that is broken the waste cannot leave the belt cleaning unit.
But that is so #$%^ obvious if that happens.

Gaffers01
02-04-2016, 09:50 AM
Does the customer do a lot of black copies ?

If so this could be the problem, the machine uses the yellow toner to lubricate the transfer belt.

I had a customer that did this and I was back and forward replacing those gears until they started to do more colour prints, and the problem dissapered. Luckily they were a chargeable customer

allan
02-04-2016, 04:43 PM
It only does that when you replace and reset the transfer kit.

mrfuser
06-20-2016, 07:00 PM
Any other thoughts on this problem? I do the update on this machine about once a month replace all the gears the caller the shaft everything works great month later goes down again with same thing. Drive gears for belt chewed up!

Albonline
06-20-2016, 07:56 PM
Any other thoughts on this problem? I do the update on this machine about once a month replace all the gears the caller the shaft everything works great month later goes down again with same thing. Drive gears for belt chewed up!

was the unit serviced just before your problem occurred? the screws for the transfer belt and fuser are different lengths. put them in the wrong place and it keeps the drive unit from engaging properly.

mrfuser
06-20-2016, 11:43 PM
Yes previous company replaced belt and fuser. Good call I wil check it out. Never really thought of that!

mrfuser
06-21-2016, 01:28 AM
Nope that was not it. Can't swap those screws and even if you could would not matter.

Any my other thoughts?

minimerlin
06-21-2016, 06:49 PM
Just a thought.....are you using the modified gears etc when rebuilding the drives?

Albonline
06-21-2016, 07:41 PM
Nope that was not it. Can't swap those screws and even if you could would not matter.

Any my other thoughts?

sorry was confusing with another model

mrfuser
06-22-2016, 05:40 PM
Anyone have any other thoughts? I went back and replaced the gear assembly again with updated gears for transfer drive. It works perfect, but right away I could see it shred a little bit of the gear as flakes of white plastic flew down. I don't see anything binding to cause this and even put another belt assembly in. Any thoughts?

Does anyone one have a pic of this installed to make sure I am not doing something wrong here?

copier tech
06-22-2016, 06:38 PM
What sort of count is this old dog on?

mrfuser
06-22-2016, 06:45 PM
Total about 500k

srvctec
06-22-2016, 07:00 PM
Sounds like a worn bushing somewhere or something similar that is keeping the gears from meshing properly.

"It's time to be CORRECT, NOT politically correct!!!"

-The Truth

habik
06-22-2016, 11:35 PM
Try different Waste box and have a look at the waste box gear drive if it ain't stiff

tehrancopy.com
06-23-2016, 10:24 PM
Change the Transfer Cleaning Motor . The motor shaft sometimes get worn out and it will cause damage to the gears .

WWW.tehrancopy.com

matsan_offset@yahoo.com
03-18-2019, 10:09 AM

Any ideas why?

Thanks all!
Hello, has your problem been solved? I have the same problem as yours.

Phil B.
03-18-2019, 06:59 PM
Hello, has your problem been solved? I have the same problem as yours.

did you read any posts past Mr Fuser's original post?

Custom Search