PDA

View Full Version : C6500 Not holding booklet folding

Custom Search

laserman06
06-15-2008, 04:33 AM
I have a C6500 with a FS-607 finisher. My problem is when they fold and staple 11 X 17 booklets. I got the call for the fold being off. I performed the adjustment and tested. It worked.

So I started the customer's job. The first booklet came out fine. The following booklets came out with the fold off. I stopped the job and deleted it. I then ran 10 copies and it ran fine, all came out even. Ran ten more sets and they were all off. All the ones that were off were within 1mm if each other. Sometimes it was 5mm off and sometimes they were of 10-20mm.

It mainly happens on 11 x 17, but customer ran a bunch of 8.5 X 11R booklets and out of the job there was only 1 that was off.:mad:.

I talked to tech support and they said that it sounded like binding in the holding transport as it moved up. I checked it out and it seemed fine.

If anyone has seen and corrected this, or has any suggestions please let me know

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Livebychance
06-16-2008, 01:40 AM
Have the mylars been removed from the FS-607?

laserman06
06-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Went back to the machine and discovered that the belt that the holding plate was on was off at the top. This caused it to rub on the pin in the assy. Popped it back on and away it went.

Custom Search