PDA

View Full Version : force trays to read o type of paper !

Custom Search

jakani
01-15-2016, 10:54 AM
hi everybody

i have a ineo +454e and i want to ask is there a way to force trays to read one type of paper for example set tray 1 to read A4 paper only and tray 2 to read A3 only

thank you in advance for any suggestions

habik
01-15-2016, 01:41 PM
hi everybody

i have a ineo +454e and i want to ask is there a way to force trays to read one type of paper for example set tray 1 to read A4 paper only and tray 2 to read A3 only

thank you in advance for any suggestions

Screw the paper guides in with few self tappers.

To change it in Service or Administrator settings .. do not recall anything as it is auto-set by the sensors at the back of each cassette or tray.

What is the primary problem with the machine that you asking this question?

emujo
01-15-2016, 04:33 PM
Page size is determined by the side guides...only the LCTs (PC and LU) can be only A4/A3. Emujo

jakani
01-15-2016, 05:31 PM
Screw the paper guides in with few self tappers.

To change it in Service or Administrator settings .. do not recall anything as it is auto-set by the sensors at the back of each cassette or tray.

What is the primary problem with the machine that you asking this question?

thank you habik for replaying

first there is this one machine that keeps giving 8 1/2 x 11 instead of A4
and there is other printers shared by many departments so they don't fill the trays with papers , when a user prints something he comes to the printer with three or 4 papers in his hand and play with trays configuration ... so i want to fix the tray 1 for A4 and tray two for A3 and thats it

emujo
01-15-2016, 05:48 PM
Teach them to use the bypass tray for other paper. And if you can't get the MFP to display the correct paper size it may be a problem with the size detection sensors, or a county code mismatch. Emujo

jakani
01-15-2016, 06:15 PM
Teach them to use the bypass tray for other paper. And if you can't get the MFP to display the correct paper size it may be a problem with the size detection sensors, or a county code mismatch. Emujo

thank you emujo for replying
i tried to convince them to fill the trays with paper but no one listens and that's another story

i have one question about the country mismatch how i can change it to use metrics ?

allan
01-15-2016, 06:26 PM
By changing marketing area in service mode.

allan
01-15-2016, 06:28 PM
But you could have a physical error behind the paper tray at the back of the machine or on the paper tray.

emujo
01-15-2016, 07:09 PM
Regardless of your country code, if the tray is detecting properly, and you are using standard paper sizes, it should reflect whatever is loaded. Size detection issues are usually accompanied with the "???" displayed in the size indication. If you want to be sneaky, and the users aren't very copy savvy, you can remove the paper tray selection options from the copy function list. They will still be available if they open the "application" icon, but from my experience, most will never find it. Now they can't change the paper tray settings (but the MFP will still update itself if LT is swapped out for LG). Emujo

jakani
01-18-2016, 05:36 PM
Regardless of your country code, if the tray is detecting properly, and you are using standard paper sizes, it should reflect whatever is loaded. Size detection issues are usually accompanied with the "???" displayed in the size indication. If you want to be sneaky, and the users aren't very copy savvy, you can remove the paper tray selection options from the copy function list. They will still be available if they open the "application" icon, but from my experience, most will never find it. Now they can't change the paper tray settings (but the MFP will still update itself if LT is swapped out for LG). Emujo
thank you for this great idea i think i'm gonna remove this option in the all MFPs now

But you could have a physical error behind the paper tray at the back of the machine or on the paper tray.

yes it may be a physical error ; i went today and checked the marketing area to europe and still have the same problem !

Custom Search