PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous MFC-J475DW Constant Busy Signal

Custom Search

Ikon Princess
01-15-2016, 05:22 PM
This post was not from me! Somebody used my account to post but I do not know who it was! I am going to delete this account as soon as I figure out how to. Anybody who has helped me in the past just ignore any future posts from Ikon Princess.

copydocinc
01-15-2016, 05:46 PM
Unplug the power cord from the Brother machine, to see if this still happens while there is no power to the machine.
Maybe cutting the power then plugging it back in will reset it somehow and work again as normal.

Elmtech
01-15-2016, 09:17 PM
Check the phone line cable is plugged in the correct socket on machine - the one labelled "line".

Check the phone cable between the machine and wall socket. It should only have 2 terminals. If it has 4 swap it with a 2 terminal cable. The extra 2 terminals are for digital telephones and can short the machine out.

If the doesn't work you will need a new ncu pcb or main pcb.

Iowatech
01-16-2016, 01:34 AM
If your house has a POTS phone line, make sure you aren't overloading the ring equivalence. The sum of all devices on that sort of phone line should add up to a ring equivalence 1 or less. Most phone companies that provide POTS lines are rather strict about that, and have been for some time.

Custom Search