View Full Version : Konica C552 "Obtain Device Information" Error

Custom Search

q555
01-16-2016, 08:09 AM
Hi,

Good Day!

I have a problem with Konica C552.

Obtain Device Information Error

SNMP is enable both port settings and MFP Settings.

Actually, the main problem is I can't print if USER AUTHENTICATION is ON.

I've tried to other machines with same model, and it works fine.

What I've noticed is, if I click OBTAIN DEVICE INFORMATION, i got an error. So, I think, i can't communicate with the printer properly.

Thanks for the help! Cheers!

JR2ALTA
01-17-2016, 03:33 AM
You'll need to manually enter the IP address instead of auto. You must uncheck auto for this to work.

emujo
01-17-2016, 03:51 AM
Even if the auto button is unchecked, if the driver can't querry the MFP and pull the authentication info, you will never be able to print. It could be machine firmware/function version, and old driver version, or an SNMP issue. Double check your settings in the web page and verify that the SNMP settings are at the default "public" and you are not unknowingly using SNMP v3 (not sure if this is supported on the C452 though). Emujo

q555
01-17-2016, 04:52 AM
You'll need to manually enter the IP address instead of auto. You must uncheck auto for this to work.

Hi,

Yes, I've already tried this option. But still no luck.

Thanks for the reply.

q555
01-17-2016, 04:53 AM
Even if the auto button is unchecked, if the driver can't querry the MFP and pull the authentication info, you will never be able to print. It could be machine firmware/function version, and old driver version, or an SNMP issue. Double check your settings in the web page and verify that the SNMP settings are at the default "public" and you are not unknowingly using SNMP v3 (not sure if this is supported on the C452 though). Emujo

Hi,

I've double check all the options. I've also copied the settings from other konica c552 that worked with user authentication. But still no luck :(. Any other option emujo?

Thanks!

q555
01-17-2016, 04:57 AM
Hi,

I've double check all the options. I've also copied the settings from other konica c552 that worked with user authentication. But still no luck :(. Any other option emujo?

Thanks!

I've also updated the firmware emujo, and same driver installed that I use with the other konica c552. I've also tried to different operating system.

tried on both machines>> (1) konica c552 working with user authentication (windows 7 with 1.0 driver = working) & (windows 8.1 with 3.6 driver = working)

(2) konica c552 not working with user authentication (windows 7 with 1.0 driver = not working) & (windows 8.1 with 3.6 driver = not working)

allan
01-17-2016, 09:39 AM
I would back-up the machine settings and do an all data clear in service mode. Remember to pull out all the toners and IU's before doing that.
It will set all the network data back to default.

paulrid
01-17-2016, 11:46 AM
Hi,
try a different network cable, I have had similar myself.
paul.

JR2ALTA
01-17-2016, 08:41 PM
I believe there is also a drop down for the particular model you want to be correct.

peter42
01-18-2016, 11:00 PM
Had this today, customer changed his 24 port switch to a Gb version some days ago.
Since then Bizhub has trouble with scan to folder, print was OK.
placed a 100Mb-switch between Bizhub and GB-Switch- no connection.
After investigation, the customers Cat5 line has a 350 Mhz-Mark on it:
Replaced cabel between Bizhub and GB-Switch with a new Cat5e shielded one.
Problem solved.

greetings Peter

D_L_P
01-19-2016, 01:52 AM
Seen this with another manufacturer, there is a specific service that has to be running in order for the user authentication and obtain device info to work. Install the driver via the setup.exe and the service will be installed.
GL

allan
01-19-2016, 04:50 AM
If both User auth and account track it on that will obtain device settings does not work. don't know why but had that problem today.

emujo
01-19-2016, 01:07 PM
I have set up user authentication and account track on KM devices for the past 7 years, there is more info to enter when both methods are used, but I have never seen it fail due to a driver configuration failure. The original poster has not mentioned whether the device is at the proper function level for the driver version he/she is using. Emujo

Custom Search