PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C353 - Reset Admin email with no web admin access

Custom Search

dditzler
01-17-2016, 06:46 PM
I am not a copier tech but I have been certified for AST printers/scanners way back in the day and my dad ran a computer graphics company. I've been building computers for over 30 years.

I got this copier used and it is my second Bizhub machine. It only has 7,500 prints on it and is in great physical shape. The previous owner had changed the admin password and I reset that to the factory settings by following this YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BEGMQx7woE

I was then able to get it on the network and I can get it to print. With my last bizhub I was able to setup the email settings with the web admin. On this machine I can access that page but only the home page. Occasionally I can get past the first page to see consumables but usually it just goes to a blank page. I have tried this on Mac and PC with 3 different browsers.

I can get to it to Scan to Email by changing the Communication Settings tab on the Scan/Fax page. If I change the send email to my own then I can get it to send. If I leave it on the default admin password then I can't get it to send and it gives me an error.

If I go to Utility Counter > Admin Settings > Admin Machine Settings I can see the administrator email but it is grayed out and I can't change it.

So my questions are...

1) Is there a way to reset the admin email knowing I can't get into the web interface and by just doing it on the machine?

2) I read up on the web admin not working and it looks like some people updated the firmware then was able to access that. Is that something I should hire a tech to do or is this something I can do myself? Again I looked at this and the examples I saw were to use the wed admin which is catch 22 as it doesn't work.

thanks in advance
-david

copier addict
01-18-2016, 12:30 AM
If you use Firefox you should be able to log into the web interface

Mr Spock
01-18-2016, 05:22 AM
I believe you have to go into service mode and intialize the network settings.
then clear cache on browser and retry the web page.

copier addict
01-18-2016, 02:07 PM
I believe you have to go into service mode and intialize the network settings.
then clear cache on browser and retry the web page.

On the C353 series you have to do a "Data Clear" there isn't a separate "network data clear"

dditzler
01-18-2016, 04:05 PM
If you use Firefox you should be able to log into the web interface

I tried Firefox as well as Chrome, Safari and IE on both Mac and PC (where applicable) and I still couldn't get it to work.

dditzler
01-18-2016, 04:07 PM
On the C353 series you have to do a "Data Clear" there isn't a separate "network data clear"

I looked through the interface but I coudn't find anything that looked like "Data Clear" or "network data clear" do you have an idea where to find that?

thanks again for your help.

cheers
-david

emujo
01-18-2016, 04:47 PM
Try running IE in compatibility mode. If you think you need a firmware update, then I would hire a KM tech to do it, The C353 needs a properly formatted CF card and a special writer to process and place the files on the CF card. Not easy for a user to do. It's is also possible that you have SSL enabled for admin. When you can access the public page, do you see a message that SSL is not enabled? If so then disregard this part, if not, you may try typing https://ipaddress in the URL. A logical HDD format will erase any corrupt SSL certs. Emujo

dditzler
01-18-2016, 05:11 PM
Try running IE in compatibility mode. If you think you need a firmware update, then I would hire a KM tech to do it, The C353 needs a properly formatted CF card and a special writer to process and place the files on the CF card. Not easy for a user to do. It's is also possible that you have SSL enabled for admin. When you can access the public page, do you see a message that SSL is not enabled? If so then disregard this part, if not, you may try typing https://ipaddress in the URL. A logical HDD format will erase any corrupt SSL certs. Emujo

Thanks. I tried IE in compatibility mode but it didn't load.

Here is a screen shot from Firefox but I usually can't get past this page. Once or twice I've gotten to the next page by going in as a Public User.

https://www.evernote.com/l/AAbB-ReRWa1HgYOpq3iQ_NPbhbXXYwKlP1EB/image.png

I called KM to see if a tech can come out and help me.

Thanks again for your time.

cheers
-david

Custom Search