PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 364e-Cannot login to service mode or admin mode

Custom Search

richmods
01-19-2016, 09:31 PM
I am hoping one of the resident experts here can help me with this issue. A little background first. This machine was hit by a power surge a few months ago. Meter is 16K. I replaced the power supply, the MFP, and the MCL to get it running again. Also loaded the latest firmware. The machine is fully operational but when I tried to login to service mode to set the fax I had just purchased and load movie data I keep getting invalid password for both Administrator and Service mode. This machine was one of the first bizhubs sold by Muratec (not sure that makes any difference). I am using the standard 1-8x2 for admin and 9272x4 for service mode. Has anyone run into this before? Is there maybe another way to access these two areas or a way to reset both passwords?

Thanks

blackcat4866
01-20-2016, 01:58 AM
Most likely you'll have to make that hotline call to get a admin/CE password reset.

We had a bizhiub 454e machine that kept locking up the user access codes. Sometimes it would allow printing. Sometimes it would allow copying. The main cause turned out to be the energy saver mode. Once we got that turned off, the problem was solved. But when the machine was in the midst of it's fits, it would not accept the admin password or CE password. At least twice, we had to make the hotline call, until we got that energy saver shut off.

splblazer91
01-20-2016, 04:11 AM
yup...call tech support. i had to do this a couple of weeks ago. also make sure your serial on the back cover and whats on your counter sheet matches.

iceman490
01-20-2016, 05:40 AM
I thought there was a bulletin that you could do that process on the lms page online or did that already get the axe?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

allan
01-20-2016, 05:41 AM
Try powering the machine up with network and fax unplugged and all the doors open.

Does not make sense. But i will try anything.
Will it boot up with diagnostics?

It think BC is on to the real fix. That is KM them selves.

richmods
01-20-2016, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately, it looks as though I will have to wait on Muratec (already have a trouble ticket open) support to help. A little more info...this machine is not in a production environment right now. I have been doing a refurb on it for the past week in between calls so there is no danger of losing any info on the machine.

richmods
02-03-2016, 09:18 PM
A quick update. I have the machine running and now have access to both admin and SM. The cause...wrong MFP board. My boss ordered the MFP and did not use the correct S/N. He opened the ticket using a S/N from a MFX3680N instead of a bizhub 364e. From a physical standpoint both boards are identical but I'm guessing the eprom is flashed differently?...just guessing. Anyway, after getting the correct MFP and reloading FW and movie data all is well.

thanks for the replies.

btw, the MCL board and power supply currently in this machine is also for a MFX3680N and seems to be fine.

blackcat4866
02-03-2016, 11:24 PM
Congratulations on your success. =^..^=

Custom Search