PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Konica C368 Troble code CD011 D011 or F114

Custom Search

Pages : [1] 2

copylogic
01-20-2016, 11:23 AM
Had a batch of C368 installed at site for 3 months running reliably, then 7 out of the 10 installed began to error with CD011 F114 some were recoverable some machines were not, The code points towards the hard disk failing, In all 7 cases we found it to be the MFP board, which we replaced hope this helps.

Guy Milner
02-04-2016, 08:44 PM
Konica replaced both our C308s....so far, so good.
Thanks Jason!

hotfuser
02-10-2016, 10:58 AM
yep KM know there is a problem and yes it is the MFP board and guess what they are on back order :mad:

srvctec
02-11-2016, 03:38 AM
I sure wish KM would quit rushing out inferior equipment. I'm starting to lose faith in their QC and how it looks from the customer's standpoint.

macuk
02-23-2016, 04:48 PM
yep KM know there is a problem and yes it is the MFP board and guess what they are on back order :mad:

Does anyone have any further info on this problem and does anyone know what KM are doing about it? #losingfaith!

JSC
02-23-2016, 07:51 PM
Does anyone have any further info on this problem and does anyone know what KM are doing about it? #losingfaith!

The CD011 & D011 are 100% main board issues, the only way to get rid of is to replace the board. The F114 is a combination of main board and firmware.

neil greenhough
02-23-2016, 08:16 PM
Had a batch of C368 installed at site for 3 months running reliably, then 7 out of the 10 installed began to error with CD011 F114 some were recoverable some machines were not, The code points towards the hard disk failing, In all 7 cases we found it to be the MFP board, which we replaced hope this helps.

Hi there, had the same problem, the main boards are now fully integrated!! We still have one in our workshop waiting for manufacturer attention. I tested the board initially and found it had blown the IC that protects he 3.3v line. Put a new board in it and sent it back to the customers only to be called in again for the same problem. Fitted another board and both chips as advised by tech support but now the machine is hanging!! I agree with the sentiments of the comments on QA. They rush them out to shift boxes and the service departments have to clean up the mess. Thank god they don't make cars eh!!

Tech Helpdesk
02-24-2016, 10:07 AM
I sure wish KM would quit rushing out inferior equipment. I'm starting to lose faith in their QC and how it looks from the customer's standpoint.

Here we go again KM !!!

andyf424
03-08-2016, 10:33 PM
Our showroom c368 went down with this code, we replaced the MFP board, HDD and the eMMC board and it still coded out. They replaced it with a brand new shiny machine that after 3k is now doing the same thing, c-d011.....

Just got off the phone with SSD and they are having me D/L a 433 MB file with firmware and a walk-through that's supposedly going to rectify this. At a whopping 33 KB/s it's gonna take a few hours. I'll start on it first thing in the AM and report back with my results.

Fingers crossed

EarthKmTech
03-08-2016, 10:56 PM

I've worked for KM for a long time now and this is nothing new.

I always tell customers on the verge of updating when a brand new machine has just been released to renew their existing contract for 6 months to let the bugs be ironed on in the new model first unless their current machine is totally flogged out.

Remember how many firmware updates there were for the 4 series and then the E series when they first came out? They weren't stable for at least a year if i remember correctly. And board issues were quite common in the generations before, we have been quite spoiled with relatively rare board failures in the 4 series. There will be light at the end of the tunnel.

srvctec
03-08-2016, 11:05 PM

Oh, I know it's nothing new. I'm in my 27th year working on Minolta first and then KonicaMinolta when they merged. But every once in a while, the engineers blow it and WE have to deal with it. I remember the EP350Z and a the issues those pieces of junk had. We were spoiled with the awesomeness of the EP450Z and how reliable they were and the 350Z was rushed out with so many issues it would make your head spin.

EarthKmTech
03-08-2016, 11:13 PM
Oh, I know it's nothing new. I'm in my 27th year working on Minolta first and then KonicaMinolta when they merged. But every once in a while, the engineers blow it and WE have to deal with it. I remember the EP350Z and a the issues those pieces of junk had. We were spoiled with the awesomeness of the EP450Z and how reliable they were and the 350Z was rushed out with so many issues it would make your head spin.

It does keep us employed though in this day and age of so much uncertainty. :cool:

srvctec
03-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Just got an email from KM and here is bulletin 10041 copied and pasted:

Error codes C-D010, C-D011, C-FA14 or miscellaneous HDD errors that may occur on these machines can be corrected using the instructions contained in Remedy knowledgebase article KBA00028014. This article contains complete information, including a link to the reset.zip file on the FTP site, the username, and password. The download issues that some people have experienced with this link have been resolved.
After downloading the file, unzip it and follow the included directions.
If you still have difficulty after following the directions above, contact the SSD Contact Support Center.

Each reset file is 706MB, Reset1.zip & Reset2.zip, one for each of 2 different scenarios. Downloaded them to have just in case we need them. Now I'm not sure how to tell which reset to use. I don't know if the Reset1.zip file is old and then KM came up with a better plan or what. They are definitely good at making things difficult to understand, though. I bet there will be another bulletin, or 2 or 3 out clarifying it.

copytechman
03-11-2016, 12:44 AM

Error codes C-D010, C-D011, C-FA14 or miscellaneous HDD errors that may occur on these machines can be corrected using the instructions contained in Remedy knowledgebase article KBA00028014. This article contains complete information, including a link to the reset.zip file on the FTP site, the username, and password. The download issues that some people have experienced with this link have been resolved.
If you still have difficulty after following the directions above, contact the SSD Contact Support Center.

Each reset file is 706MB, Reset1.zip & Reset2.zip, one for each of 2 different scenarios. Downloaded them to have just in case we need them. Now I'm not sure how to tell which reset to use. I don't know if the Reset1.zip file is old and then KM came up with a better plan or what. They are definitely good at making things difficult to understand, though. I bet there will be another bulletin, or 2 or 3 out clarifying it.

They must have changed their minds again, only a reset3.zip file (plus firmware etc) is available now. Have my first case of this on a machine barely a month old in the field.

Lovely...

Regards!

neil greenhough
03-11-2016, 06:42 AM
Yep! That sounds about right. We still have one in our workshop waiting for the "Repaired" board to be returned! The machine has spent more time in the workshop than it has at the customers! We have loaned them their own machine. We upgraded them because their machine was unreliable. Ironic eh!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

copytechman
03-11-2016, 11:54 AM
Yep! That sounds about right. We still have one in our workshop waiting for the "Repaired" board to be returned! The machine has spent more time in the workshop than it has at the customers! We have loaned them their own machine. We upgraded them because their machine was unreliable. Ironic eh!

Yeah it is! We still have their original machine too... I sure hope it doesn't come to that!

Regards!

B0265
03-11-2016, 01:46 PM

Can you upload the bulletin? I can't find anything on the European KM site.
We have also had C-40A3 on two Machines besides the C-D010/C-D011/C-D050/C-FA14 codes.

hotfuser
03-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Can you upload the bulletin? I can't find anything on the European KM site.
We have also had C-40A3 on two Machines besides the C-D010/C-D011/C-D050/C-FA14 codes.

Did you get the C-40A3 code after you upgraded the firmware?

as i have reoprted this too KM

copytechman
03-11-2016, 04:45 PM

Not seen that code, just the cd codes and the cfa code. Put new hdd in, been good for about an hour or so so far. But am monitoring. It wouldn't take the new drive @ first for some reason.

Regards.

Oh and board is back ordered. Go figure.

andyf424
03-14-2016, 10:28 PM
This bulletin has been updated quite a few times in the last couple days. Originally, it stated to replace the HDD if the machine froze at the two towers, which mine did. I popped in a new drive and it still froze at two towers, old bulletin said to then replace MFPB. After talking with SSD this morning hoping for a different solution, they got me the newest version. First I loaded GXX-A6 to a thumbdrive, that supposedly repairs the MFPB's SATA communication. Then I was able to load GG3-54, which is a special firmware that addresses these codes. After that I reloaded movie data and address book and it seems to be running, it's been up all day code free.

Supposedly this has been quite the sh%t show over at Konica, I really hope they have this figured out. These seem to be decent machines otherwise.

copytechman
03-15-2016, 01:26 AM
This bulletin has been updated quite a few times in the last couple days. Originally, it stated to replace the HDD if the machine froze at the two towers, which mine did. I popped in a new drive and it still froze at two towers, old bulletin said to then replace MFPB. After talking with SSD this morning hoping for a different solution, they got me the newest version. First I loaded GXX-A6 to a thumbdrive, that supposedly repairs the MFPB's SATA communication. Then I was able to load GG3-54, which is a special firmware that addresses these codes. After that I reloaded movie data and address book and it seems to be running, it's been up all day code free.

Supposedly this has been quite the sh%t show over at Konica, I really hope they have this figured out. These seem to be decent machines otherwise.

I have both the gxx and gg3 firmware, do you load the full firmware for both? Gxx then gg3?

Regards.
(I know about the bulletin, which states not to load, just the boot) which do you do?

andyf424
03-15-2016, 02:42 PM
First gxx-a6, that doesn't show the normal firmware screen, it just automatically loads.
Second load gg3-54, that pulls up the usual firmware update screen, I updated all.
Third reload address book and movie data (I replaced HDD, you may not have to)

B0265
03-15-2016, 04:16 PM

We have the C-40A3 on two machines, one of the Machines started with this code without any previous C-Dxxx codes (only a couple of C-FA14 in the history).
On the other Machine it started with C-D011/D050 and then C-40A3 after the FW upgrade.

copytechman
03-15-2016, 08:46 PM
Went to site, machine would take firmware then not take it. I'm waiting on the board, I've already replaced the hdd. And lost my codes because my code backup wouldn't reload after the firmware update. Said it wasn't the same machine!!! Arg!!!

Regards!

copylogic
03-16-2016, 05:02 PM
My understanding is that the firmware released this week will recover a machine that is currently in an error state ( displaying c code / will not accept firmware) the final fix to prevent machines failing with CD011 D011 or F114 is still some weeks away.

B0265
03-16-2016, 08:09 PM
We fixed the first one (a C258) today. In this case we did only the SATA FW update (Gxx-A6) and after that the machine was up and running.

srvctec
03-16-2016, 08:14 PM
We fixed the first one (a C258) today. In this case we did only the SATA FW update (Gxx-A6) and after that the machine was up and running.
Details on exactly what the symptoms, codes, etc. were before you fixed it, please.

B0265
03-16-2016, 08:26 PM
Details on exactly what the symptoms, codes, etc. were before you fixed it, please.
Machine was showing "preparing scan and fax" for a few minutes then C-D011. If you looked in the error code logs you could also find several C-D050.
When trying to update FW in the normal way it did hang at two grey bars.

copytechman
03-18-2016, 08:38 PM
Replaced the mfp board today, been about an hour or so, no codes.. Yet.

Regards!

jotunn
03-19-2016, 07:52 AM
Have you ever had a problems with firmware upload in those machines?

copytechman
03-19-2016, 01:52 PM
Yup, they are also picky regarding USB sticks (for firmware) it seems.

Regards!

Tech Helpdesk
03-21-2016, 10:05 AM
Have you ever had a problems with firmware upload in those machines?

Yes these machines are very fussy about USB sticks !!! Try using Freecom sticks

Frankm19
04-26-2016, 07:30 PM
Hello everyone I've come across this issue to many times in the short time this machine has been out. I find the best fix for this issue is to replace the MFP Board and HDD at the same time. There is a bunch of steps that has to be done after replacing these parts but it's all worth it in the long run.

EarthKmTech
04-26-2016, 11:52 PM
Anyone tried the firmware for this issue? G00-A7

Fix number 53: C-D011/C-D050 may occur due to communication failure with HDD when turning the Main SW on or recovering from the sleep mode. [IQBF__1500864017]

We've been advised it is no longer necessary to replace the mfp board and this fixes the problem. I'd be interested to know if this is true, i still have not seen it.

EarthKmTech
04-27-2016, 07:57 AM
Anyone tried the firmware for this issue? G00-A7

Fix number 53: C-D011/C-D050 may occur due to communication failure with HDD when turning the Main SW on or recovering from the sleep mode. [IQBF__1500864017]

We've been advised it is no longer necessary to replace the mfp board and this fixes the problem. I'd be interested to know if this is true, i still have not seen it.

Answered my own question. No it will not fix it alone, the sata reset proceedure must be followed before applying A7.

Choclit007
05-03-2016, 12:33 AM
Today Preventive firmware Gxx-B0 was released for this issue & Recovery firmware Gxx-A8. Bulletin 10072.

Updates Sata Controller to G00-04

...and make sure that Power Sub-CPU shows as G00-10 (Gxx-A2 update)

srvctec
05-03-2016, 12:37 AM
Today Preventive firmware Gxx-B0 was released for this issue & Recovery firmware Gxx-A8. Bulletin 10072.

Updates Sata Controller to G00-04

...and make sure that Power Sub-CPU shows as G00-10 (Gxx-A2 update)
Yep, already downloaded it and will install the preventative on some new machines we already have set up, before they go out.

srvctec
05-03-2016, 11:05 PM
Pretty darn easy to do the preventative F/W update although the instructions are wrong. We did 2 machines a few minutes ago and instead of the print button turning blue like it says is SUPPOSED to happen once the SATA controller update is finished, the print button stays orange. Once the F/W screen shows and you go into other software-SATA Controller and press start it only takes 3 seconds to complete followed by the screen below.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160503/50df07a0716a73b0940d4fa2c0adf559.jpg

B0265
05-04-2016, 07:23 AM

This bullletin is not yet published in the European KM site, can you upload it here?

Konicoz
05-23-2016, 02:21 PM

Haha I am doing this now...looking like a tool giving them their old machine back after Salesman told them they had to upgrade cause theirs was old and useless, want to take off my Konica shirt in shame..

copylogic
05-23-2016, 02:36 PM
Might be worth holding off till tomorrow when new SATA controller firmware becomes available

"Installing the special SATA Firmware GXX-*B0 will update the SATA controller and
prevent any future problems of SATA controller firmware corruption."

Froota
05-25-2016, 01:58 PM
Same issues here in Europe,

The GooA7 firmware procedure doesn't work, so don't do this install. We already had one device where the main board had to be changed because hanging and no options to make an update or reset.
For now the main board was replaced and for this one and 5 other infected devices we made the update mentioned in the TNEU1600101EN, concerning the update of the sata controller (GXX-B0), with the controller firmware recovery tool (GXX-A8) as option.

Hopefully this will work....First we had the SSD issues on the C224e models, now this on the C308, what's next...

Regards,

Froota

blackcat4866
07-16-2016, 04:29 AM

... There will be light at the end of the tunnel.

I have some information about this topic.
The codes are CD010, CD011, CD050, and CFA14. Also you might experience spontaneous rebooting of the MFP, several times a day.

There is a firmware update to the SATA Controller that resolves this. The way the bulletin reads, if you have no symptoms yet, load Preventative Firmware version GXX-B0. If you have symptoms, load Recovery Tool GXX-A8. Both update the SATA controller firmware to version G00-04.

If you cannot enter firmware uploading mode, or your MFP reboots spontaneously, you may have:
1) Poor HDD ground (its just a wimpy leaf spring on one of the HDD shoulder screws).
2) Re-seat MFPB connectors.
3) Replace MFPB.
4) Replace HDD.
I reformed the HDD ground so I had better spring pressure. It would be simple to add a ground wire too. I also reseated the MFPB connectors. After that the machine entered firmware upload mode, and took the Recovery Tool GXX-A8.

Enjoy! =^..^=

barber782
07-21-2016, 04:47 PM
Had loads of these machines starting to do this. Had same issue where it hangs on black screen when trying to update but fixed now.

you need to update using the boot recovery FW, SATA FW and then A7 FW,in that order.

If the Machine wont recognise or hang then you can switch off the machine and unplug from the wall for 5 mins and try again after. It sounds weird but it worked for all out machines out there in the field.

I also typed up a how to guide for our engineers to follow. if any one needs it email me Nick@1st-office.com.

Ta

brindrook1
08-31-2016, 02:50 PM
Here is the most current bulletin. 34006

Brett GS
09-01-2016, 06:25 PM
The codes are CD010, CD011, CD050, and CFA14. Also you might experience spontaneous rebooting of the MFP, several times a day.

There is a firmware update to the SATA Controller that resolves this. The way the bulletin reads, if you have no symptoms yet, load Preventative Firmware version GXX-B0. If you have symptoms, load Recovery Tool GXX-A8. Both update the SATA controller firmware to version G00-04.

If you cannot enter firmware uploading mode, or your MFP reboots spontaneously, you may have:
1) Poor HDD ground (its just a wimpy leaf spring on one of the HDD shoulder screws).
3) Replace MFPB.
4) Replace HDD.
I reformed the HDD ground so I had better spring pressure. It would be simple to add a ground wire too. I also reseated the MFPB connectors. After that the machine entered firmware upload mode, and took the Recovery Tool GXX-A8.

Enjoy! =^..^=
Hi all
Tried this today but no matter what i do and what usb stick i use all i get is the 2 fins.
Anyone else had this?

habik
09-01-2016, 10:36 PM
Hi all
Tried this today but no matter what i do and what usb stick i use all i get is the 2 fins.
Anyone else had this?

For how long you have those 2 fins? Don't wait for the Dutch, he ain't helping much.

When formating the stick do you name the stick ABC or something?
I am now formating sticks only on powered USB ports and using Windows Format and Partition utility
FAT 32
I used 2GB cheap and 4GB Verbatim without issue.(and trust me I have almost chucke these sticks until I had some drivers updated on my VM machine)
Had also issue on Desktop PC one of the USB ports joint with card readers just wouldn't format the stick correctly, i could copy and start loading firmware but it often came with certain parts of firmware as NG.

Hope this helps.

blackcat4866
09-02-2016, 12:11 AM

3) Replace MFPB.
4) Replace HDD.

Enjoy! =^..^=

Hi all
Anyone else had this?

You replaced an MFPB? Then you replaced the HDD? =^..^=

B0265
09-02-2016, 08:13 AM
Hi all
Anyone else had this?

If you are using the recovery tool set HHD=unset in service mode and detach the HDD first.

Brett GS
09-04-2016, 06:24 PM
If you are using the recovery tool set HHD=unset in service mode and detach the HDD first.

Tried that thanks and still nothing.
Havent replaced mfp yet,getting the mfp reset at our head office this week and will see what happends.

Custom Search