PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 500 - Server Disk Full

Custom Search

REM Live
06-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Hello, I am in a bit of a jam here. I am the admistrator for this machine. The memory is showing up on the main screen as 100%. When we scan to email the job fails with the following error message, " Server Disk Full". From what I can tell the machine does not have a Printer HDD. When I enter the admin password, the default password, I can go to the Security Settings, however at the next level there is no #5 HDD Setting.

The Bizhub is one a network with one laptop computer, nothing else.

Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can free up , some, if not all of the memory? We do not require anything to be saved.

I realize that the above is most likley a very basic question, however I could not find anything in the manuals.

Tom

minimerlin
06-16-2008, 08:42 PM
I think you need to clear/empty your office server memory..it is not the copier memory

REM Live
06-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Thank you for the reply. There currently is no server attached to the Bizhub. Just an ethernet cable to the router to the ISP. I am checking to see if we are running an exchange server for the email, but I do not think so.

Thanks

Tom

nmfaxman
06-16-2008, 11:41 PM
I seem to remember that the machine has to have a seperate HDD to scan to e-mail.
Also check max e-mail size setting. Default size is only like 200k.

bgbas
06-17-2008, 12:17 AM
I think faxman is correct you need the optional HDD.
The following is not your exact symptom but the solution may be the same.

Description:
Why is the message "Server Disk Full" displayed when scanning a large document to FTP?
Solution:

The message "Server Disk Full" will be displayed when scanning a large document to FTP if the machine runs out of memory. The message can be prevented from being displayed by installing the HD-505 Hard Disk Drive (Item #16GA) in the machine.

konisolver
06-17-2008, 04:08 AM
It is your copier does not have enough memory to handle your request. If you are doing heavy scanning it is recommended to have the expanded memory and hard drive for temporary cache storing. The screen showing 100% memory is deceiving and might go to 75% then it will code out.

REM Live
06-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks for all of the thoughts, but we are still not at the core problem.

After reading the replies I thought I feel the need to further clarify the setup.

1. The Bizhub was in my office and at the time, up to 5 months ago, it was doing crazy amounts of scanning. 200 hundred page scans, 200 times a day, without any issue. The machine was pulled from the office and moved to my home. Currently very light scanning, 5 pages, 5 times a day. It worked perfectly up until yesterday.

2. There is no server, only my laptop and the Bizhub.

3. After reading the posts above, there most likley is a scanning HDD or some sort of greatly expanded RAM.

How do I go about clearing the HDD or the RAM?

Thanks once again.

Tom

konisolver
06-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Service Mode - System 1 - Initialize - Network data ---- Once this done turn on dhcp on the unit and let it capture your network environment. Once it does just change the last octet to match your settings.

Cookr
06-04-2014, 06:13 PM
Thanks for all of the thoughts, but we are still not at the core problem.

After reading the replies I thought I feel the need to further clarify the setup.

1. The Bizhub was in my office and at the time, up to 5 months ago, it was doing crazy amounts of scanning. 200 hundred page scans, 200 times a day, without any issue. The machine was pulled from the office and moved to my home. Currently very light scanning, 5 pages, 5 times a day. It worked perfectly up until yesterday.

2. There is no server, only my laptop and the Bizhub.

3. After reading the posts above, there most likley is a scanning HDD or some sort of greatly expanded RAM.

How do I go about clearing the HDD or the RAM?

Thanks once again.

Tom

Did you have any luck with this issue? as I am having the same problem.

TheOwl
06-04-2014, 11:49 PM
If you are scanning to email, then there must be a server, it might just not be local to your physical network.

If the machine was working fine in the office, but not at home, then you should be looking at the configuration of the SMTP settings to ensure that your machine can still talk to the email server.

You should also check to if the machine does have an HDD installed and if so, then I would say that you have a dead HDD.

The Server Full message can come about two different ways. Either the SMTP Server literally has no disk space available or the mailbox that you are sending the email to has reached its quota.

Synaux
06-06-2014, 05:17 AM
The memory is showing up on the main screen as 100%.
Tom
I see this is a pretty old post, but I am pretty sure that on these machines 100% means that there is 100% of the 'memory' available.

Like already suggested, check your HDD. If its working, then I would simply try a different protocol (e.g., SMB or FTP). In my opinion they are easiest to setup.

Hope this helps a little...

TheOwl
06-06-2014, 06:38 AM
I see this is a pretty old post, but I am pretty sure that on these machines 100% means that there is 100% of the 'memory' available.

Like already suggested, check your HDD. If its working, then I would simply try a different protocol (e.g., SMB or FTP). In my opinion they are easiest to setup.

Hope this helps a little...

HAHAHAHA!!! Fell into the old trap of old posts being brought up in my news feed... lol

KJK
06-27-2020, 12:49 AM
I just had the same issue. I noticed that I only get the issue when trying to Fax-to-Email documents of photos. If I just send standard documents they go through fine. I am awaiting a tech to call me to see if there is anything physical I can do to fix the error when trying to send photos but my guess is that it is to large a pixel to send through email when you have alot of them. It may also be an internet provider email setting for large files when sending to and from your email. I hope this helps anyone else with the issue. I know it was hard for me to find information for solving this error message but I seemed to figure it out on my own since my search only brought this thread up.

CRK1918
03-21-2024, 02:45 AM
It occur to KONICA MINOLTA C250i model too. We have a scan to a Gmail setup, scan to a couple page to email was fine, but not scanning 20 - 30+ paper. check 'Server load reduction transmission method' setting is 'off', I understand Gmail attachment limit is 25MB, user claim they can scan lot more page than that, 20 to 25 papers not that many... I guess it is the firmware issue? is anyone else still encounter this?

copyman
03-21-2024, 03:03 AM
It occur to KONICA MINOLTA C250i model too. We have a scan to a Gmail setup, scan to a couple page to email was fine, but not scanning 20 - 30+ paper. check 'Server load reduction transmission method' setting is 'off', I understand Gmail attachment limit is 25MB, user claim they can scan lot more page than that, 20 to 25 papers not that many... I guess it is the firmware issue? is anyone else still encounter this?

You should start a new thread specific for the Biz C250i so your post wont get lost in this old thread. Would definitely update firmware first. Dont know that model well but can you add optional storage or memory to it?

CRK1918
03-21-2024, 03:27 AM
You should start a new thread specific for the Biz C250i so your post wont get lost in this old thread. Would definitely update firmware first. Dont know that model well but can you add optional storage or memory to it?

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion, user claim can scan a lot more paper than 20 or 30 page and beyond before, got me confused... I still need to find out what kind of email account setting they have previously, or changed anything at all. I did test the scanned folder with 25+ papers was fine, so memory should be fine? It got 8G max memory.

Sharing this just to see if everybody has any other idea, in the meantime, definitely got to upgrade firmware if I got a chance, will try a different email address and a different sending email server too.

JMS
03-27-2024, 03:15 PM
How arethe scan-settings?
Did they change any scan-setting?

Had the message on a c450i. Customer wanted to scan TIFF, 600dpi, A3, about 60-90 pages per job.
16-18 pages worked per mail, all above that came the message "server full".
Now he scans to SMB. It's easier for him (no need to manually save mail-attachments to PC as before).

CRK1918
03-27-2024, 06:43 PM
How arethe scan-settings?
Did they change any scan-setting?

Had the message on a c450i. Customer wanted to scan TIFF, 600dpi, A3, about 60-90 pages per job.
16-18 pages worked per mail, all above that came the message "server full".
Now he scans to SMB. It's easier for him (no need to manually save mail-attachments to PC as before).

I also set up scan to folder for the user too, they also said the same thing. I check the scan setting are in a default.

The user says can scan up to 80+ pages again... reboot did the trick, I just had a wait and see if any more issues came up with that.

Custom Search