PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine 1060 Broken Lwr Fuser Roller!(Anyone ever seen this?)

Custom Search

DigiMan
01-22-2016, 09:35 AM
Goodmorning everyone.

Got a call today and this is what i saw when i got there..
Has anyone ever seen a roller break like that?
I've checked the bearings on both sides and they dont seem to be stuck.
Client says he hasnt been using paper above 300gsm.
What kind of material is that of the Lwr fusing roller because its not steel,it almost seems ceramic.
Has anyone ever changed Lwr fusing roller in one of these?Is there any modification on the newer roller
on the material or something?
Im kinda lost here,any help is appreciated.

tech51
01-22-2016, 09:32 PM
We've had a couple break but it's a rare occurrence.
It's easy to replace.
These fusers are a lot easier to repair than the 6000 type.

DigiMan
01-23-2016, 11:21 AM
Thanks for your reply!

When you say you had a couple of them break what number are we talking about and at what print counter?
Its not a matter if its easy or not,the thing is he took along in his death the lamp and the belt plus what troubles me is WHY it happened,bad material?client pulled a jammed paper with too much force and did it?do you have any insight on that?
And the bigger problem i found out today.
As i pulled out the broken roller today i noticed the stay behind him(with the thermistors on it)is also bended on that side..as a result the lwr fuser roller
was pressing against the belt roller with too much pressure and maybe that caused him to snap?What made the stay bend in the first place?
Client claims the printer jammed and when he opened the fuser he saw that..still confused..

blackcat4866
01-23-2016, 11:09 PM
Back in my analog Canon days we saw a few like this. My employer was buying generic replacements, either Katun or Seldrum, I can't remember which. They do appear to be some kind of ceramic. At the time I concluded that it was a problem in manufacturing, nothing to do with the operation of the machine. Nothing to do with fuser pressure. The roller just had an internal fracture or weakness that responded to the changing temperature in the fuser. =^..^=

Johnny.Lok
01-25-2016, 09:05 AM
I got same problem that no. of fusing units damaged by running just few hundreds pages (new installation).
The R&D instruct us to loosen/re-tightening all fusing cover screws to ensure those fusing frame not being deformed due to uneven floor. (Fusing unit's frame maybe too weak on thickness)
Right now the manufacture have redesigned with a stronger frame to cope with this problem.

CopyJunkie
01-27-2016, 03:56 PM
I have seen this on one of my C1070s. It was the machines original fuser parts and I want to say it was around 200k. Never did come to a conclusion of why the front collar cracked.

kalindd
02-01-2016, 02:25 PM
There is new lower fuser roller part number - A50U740112
They changed the thickness of the roller at both ends.

Cheers

allan
02-01-2016, 03:47 PM
You would be amazed what type of damage a single screw can do.

DigiMan
02-09-2016, 11:15 AM
Thanks guys for your most valuable input and sorry for my very late response.

Blackcat the parts are original for sure as the machine was new and they were never changed.
allan by a screw you mean the pressure release screws which you are supposed to remove at the installation?
If yes they were removed for sure as if you dont remove them poor fusing occurs i think.
Copyjunkie you are spot on,mine also had 200k too.
kalindd yes i noticed the bulletin in which that was mentioned and i was sure this wasnt a one time only occassion.

Thing is the backplate of the fuser was also bended and the whole unit had to be replaced..sigh.

Hope i wont see any more hiccups from this model because it was starting to be my favorite second to 6500.

Thanks again everyone!

CopyJunkie
02-09-2016, 08:43 PM
Thanks guys for your most valuable input and sorry for my very late response.

Blackcat the parts are original for sure as the machine was new and they were never changed.
allan by a screw you mean the pressure release screws which you are supposed to remove at the installation?
If yes they were removed for sure as if you dont remove them poor fusing occurs i think.
Copyjunkie you are spot on,mine also had 200k too.
kalindd yes i noticed the bulletin in which that was mentioned and i was sure this wasnt a one time only occassion.

Thing is the backplate of the fuser was also bended and the whole unit had to be replaced..sigh.

Hope i wont see any more hiccups from this model because it was starting to be my favorite second to 6500.

Thanks again everyone!

We had to replace our fuser as well since after that we started getting C-3504 codes. Ended up getting a replacement machine... which also coded out with C-3504. That's when they developed a special firmware. Got to say I love the color on these machines but they do seem to have a few quarks.

Tech Helpdesk
02-12-2016, 05:09 PM
We have experienced this too. I suspect like most things the quality of the product is not what it used to be.
Yes it is a OEM fuser roller !!!

What with the drum and developer issues we don't really stand a chance on this kit.

Custom Search