PDA

View Full Version : Electrical C552 Keeps Poping Breaker

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
01-22-2016, 09:47 AM
We have a C552 that keeps popping the breaker immediately after turning it on. We have replaced the power supply and also tried turning on the engine with the ADF and Finisher Removed. We also tried removing all supplies including the Fuser, Transfer Belt, Color Image Units, Black Drum/Developer and Toners. So with NO accessories and NO supplies with a NEW Power Supply it still immediately pops the circuit breaker:mad:! Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

EarthKmTech
01-22-2016, 11:36 AM
We have a C552 that keeps popping the breaker immediately after turning it on. We have replaced the power supply and also tried turning on the engine with the ADF and Finisher Removed. We also tried removing all supplies including the Fuser, Transfer Belt, Color Image Units, Black Drum/Developer and Toners. So with NO accessories and NO supplies with a NEW Power Supply it still immediately pops the circuit breaker:mad:! Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

Did you disconnect the IHPU under the control panel, not just the fusing unit?

What kind of breaker is tripping, is it an RCD / ground fault interrupter, or simply a current overload switch.

more information needed

It can also be chafed wiring on the chassis / motors etc too btw, had that before.

HuronMan
01-22-2016, 01:20 PM
I had either a c451 or c452 blowing the customers wall breaker a couple of years ago. I tried a fuser and the coil but it turned out to be the fuser heating coil driver board.

emujo
01-22-2016, 02:01 PM
I believe this is a 20 amp MFP, If you've got it going to a 15amp breaker, once it pops the 1st time, it just gets easier. Many customers just replace the face plate and neglect to upgrade the breaker, let alone ensure the proper gauge wiring is installed. Other than that, there is a sequence of operations in the SM. You need to start by figuring out which load is powered up 1st, disconnect it, apply power and if no change, move down to the next item. Not an easy task, but probably better than easter egging. Emujo

Custom Search