PDA

View Full Version : Taskalfa 300ci U411 adjustment

Custom Search

LarryMck
01-26-2016, 01:06 AM
Ok first off I know I wasn't paying attention and did something stupid, that being said.

I had light copies on a 300ci, the problem wasn't bad I went in to do a calibration and did U411 gamma adjustment. I did not have the test chart and ran the adjustment before it dawned on me, rookie screw up. The 300ci did not tose me a id10t error code it just went along like all was well.

Then after the auto adjustment all copies came out one big black page. I knew I had fubard this and now have no idea how to fix it.

I did a U002 back to factor defaults, no help there.
Called the 800 number they tech said the only way to fix it was redo the auto adjustment with the test chart.

Is there any other way to reverse this damage?

beaker020
05-23-2019, 02:12 AM
I know this is an old post but I did exactly the same thing this afternoon, on the same model. Since this post didn't get any replies does this mean there is no hope without the test chart?

I did not do a u002, I did a U021 initialize memory with no improvement.
The kicker is; this was just supposed to be a PM, we hadn't seen this machine in a while and I had no other calls on. While onsite the cx complained about faded copies so I cleaned the scanner and tried a scanner calibration. oops

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Lance

blackcat4866
05-23-2019, 12:06 PM
You absolutely need the three test charts to recalibrate. At least it's (3) charts on the Alphard series. The way I understand it, the CCD reads color data from the charts and stores that data in tables on the scanner control board. When that data in those tables is corrupt so are your scans. =^..^=

CWP
05-23-2019, 01:46 PM
You should be able to bring it back with chart 302FZ56990. You will need to follow the instructions for entering the values from the chart into U425 and then follow the procedure under U411 to read it and get the machine working again.
It may be cheaper / easier to just upgrade the machine even with an off-lease machine that is newer; at the end of the day, even if you do get this 300ci working it is still a very old machine.

Custom Search