PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c2557 issue.

Custom Search

fixthecopier
01-27-2016, 10:25 AM
This was a used machine my shop put under maintence. It coded after a few weeks after putting a new drum in. The drum had a scratch on rigth side from bad collars. Changed drum and collars. A couple of week later it coded again. I replaced the dv box and developer. The dv box was used. Lasted a couple of weeks and coded again. Put a new box and developer in and a couple of days later it codes. Seems like it isn't getting toner. I replace the hopper. Machine isn't trying to load toner. I change the pwn-a. It boots up. starts to print and goes straight to code. Any ideas?

minimerlin
01-27-2016, 12:20 PM
Sorry but you have not mentioned machine model/number and my crystal ball is off line for polishing at present.
:confused:

allan
01-27-2016, 05:37 PM
Its a B250/B282 type machine.

Have a good look at the sub hopper drive system. There is a reed switch on the sub hopper that checks the toner level. If the magnetic actuator gets stuck in the full position then the sub hopper will run empty. Do you have toner in the subhopper?
Look at the solinoid on the sub hopper supply.
Did you clear the consumable life in service mode and restarted the machine?

Hansoon
01-27-2016, 06:30 PM
Could it be that the toner concentration is out of whack cause the toner-add solenoid has a sticky patch? Too much toner will cause the dreaded C-2557 too and you will naturally not see the toner add mechanism in action under that condition.

Several of our machines of these older series are developing sticky patches these days.

BTW, just on a side note, another phenomenon with these series is that we have now already four units where from time to time prints are not fused well. This happens at random in the middle of a print job. Than several days everything is OK and than it comes back for ten or so prints and goes away again. Add to this whining laser units. Enough reasons to "upgrade" to the newer BH-363/423 series which are performing very well for us. I really love them.

Hans

fixthecopier
01-27-2016, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the replies. This morning I was dispatched to Camp Lejeune to work on shredders. 3 hours each way. The other senior tech went there. She put a drum and developer in and cleared the code. Still didn't adress the toner issue. She said it is shooting blanks now. No toner on the drum. Would my pwb-a board be the issue? I swapped it with a used one.

fixthecopier
01-29-2016, 01:18 AM
Sorry for forgetting to post the model, it is a Bz200. The blank copies were from the laser shutter being broke.

Back to where I started. I Have print on page with a new drum and developer. With the covers off, and the hopper empty, I was making test prints and saw the hopper gears moving but not trying to rotate the bottle. Must be a stuck solenoid on the gear pack that rotates the bottle. I come back with a new assembly, now the hopper gears are not moving. I put the old gear pack in and the hopper gears that were moving are now not moving. I swap "A" boards, still no change.

At this point I am frustrated and walked away to fix other stuff. I feel like I am going in circles. Any ideas. I would assume that when it boots up with an empty hopper that it would start to fill it.

Custom Search