PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta CF2203 / Kyocera KM C2230 Error code C-0f36

Custom Search

Ben Around
01-28-2016, 04:22 PM
I'm hoping someone remembers this old box and can give me an idea or two. (Kyocera KM C2230 Rebadged Konica Minolta CF2203)

The machine has a C-of36 error code which can be reset by opening and closing the front door. The error code indicates a low toner condition, but the copies are clearly over toned.

The Black imaging unit has approx 10k on it as it was replaced about 6 months ago. Any suggestions are welcome.

From the manual:
C0F36 Abnormally low toner density
detected Black ATDC Sensor
• T/C 3 % or less is detected ten consecutive times in
the Developing Unit as validated through the toner
replenishing amount determination control.

EarthKmTech
01-28-2016, 08:44 PM
never heard of this model, but make sure the socket that the imaging unit plugs into has a good connection and is clean, the TCR sensor in the imaging unit may also be defective. (assuming its not in the bottom of the machine going through a window, then thats what i would be looking at too) After those are confirmed good i'd be considering printer control board personally.

are you sure the images are over toned and its not some other issue like a HV failure thats causing solid black pages etc and what is causing the low toner condition.

Ben Around
01-28-2016, 09:24 PM
never heard of this model, but make sure the socket that the imaging unit plugs into has a good connection and is clean, the TCR sensor in the imaging unit may also be defective. (assuming its not in the bottom of the machine going through a window, then thats what i would be looking at too) After those are confirmed good i'd be considering printer control board personally.

are you sure the images are over toned and its not some other issue like a HV failure thats causing solid black pages etc and what is causing the low toner condition.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still trying to study the tech manual (between calls) to develop a troubleshooting strategy for this machine. You made some good points, thanks.

allan
01-28-2016, 09:52 PM
How old is that machine. Its a pain in the ass to take apart.

Ben Around
01-28-2016, 10:24 PM
How old is that machine. Its a pain in the ass to take apart.
The tech manual has a date of 2004 on it.

EarthKmTech
01-29-2016, 08:39 AM
I would be interested to have a look at it,

it is an LED printer like the CF2002 and C350 ?

Got any print samples to upload ?

B0265
01-29-2016, 01:23 PM
Looks like it is the same as the C350.

blackcat4866
01-30-2016, 12:30 AM
I agree. It looks a lot like a C350 with a Sharp AR-FN7 finisher, but the toner cartridges are a little different. We had one of these as an office printer for a while, but we could not get it to talk to server 2012, so it wasn't very useful.

=^..^=

djteck
01-30-2016, 01:22 AM
Damn. Haven't seen one of those in a long time. We used to have a lot of trouble with that toner feed assembly that the toner bottles fit into, especially the shutter that lets toner in. Have seen that code resolved by taking out, cleaning and repairing and reinstalling that unit. Sometimes had to replace the IU anyway. Pain in the you know what, but it might be worth a look

CompyTech
02-03-2016, 01:19 AM
I agree. It looks a lot like a C350 with a Sharp AR-FN7 finisher, but the toner cartridges are a little different. We had one of these as an office printer for a while, but we could not get it to talk to server 2012, so it wasn't very useful.

=^..^=
It maybe a Sharp finisher. I heard it was a Canon finisher too. I do know that finisher is an utter POS(at least the KM version was)... We got one from a c353 collecting dust in the warehouse.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ben Around
03-03-2016, 10:23 PM
Sorry for not getting back on this sooner. But the account was closed for a few weeks and I couldn't work on it.

Bottom line - out of toner. Put in a new toner bottle and no more code.

The empty black toner bottle was stuck in the toner hopper. The shutter was missing from the bottom of the toner bottle. So the toner dumped out of the toner bottle into the toner hopper. All the extra toner jammed the toner bottle release mechanism. What fun that was.

After getting the new toner bottle in, no more code.

I'm not sure why it didn't just ask for a new toner bottle to begin with.

Thank you to the guys for your input on this.

copier addict
03-04-2016, 09:08 PM
It maybe a Sharp finisher. I heard it was a Canon finisher too. I do know that finisher is an utter POS(at least the KM version was)... We got one from a c353 collecting dust in the warehouse.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We have a C353 with that finisher that has close to a million copies on and still going strong. It has been a great finisher.

Custom Search