PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 454e No display

Custom Search

Zesti
01-30-2016, 01:29 PM
There is that Bizhub 454e which is not showing anything on display. The printer engine does complete initialize process and then stops after powering ON. No light and display whatsoever on the panel. Any help.

allan
01-30-2016, 10:07 PM
Does the light go blue if you put paper in the DF. That is if there is no auth on the unit.

EarthKmTech
01-31-2016, 01:27 AM
I've had 3 different things cause this on 3 different machines.

once was RAM
once was MFP
once was Operation panel.

I also heard another tech once had the cable to the operation panel too.

No doubt there are other possibilities too.

Good luck!

blackcat4866
01-31-2016, 02:49 AM
I can throw in a few possibilities also:

1) If it boots to two pillars (~3 seconds), then goes black, then repeats, then it's the SSD.
2) If it boots up to Ready, but still displays Preparing Fax and Preparing User Box. During this period you can copy for about 2 minutes. Then shuts down and repeats (~5 minute intervals), then you might have a dead HDD. The machine I had made a "clack" noise at one second intervals from the HDD when it tried to spin up.

=^..^=

twotech
01-31-2016, 04:18 AM
If your going to change any boards start with the MFB board.

MCC-support
02-01-2016, 06:01 AM
Same as what BlackCat said.

This series of machine have a bulletin from KM about the SDD failing after the power has been turned off or cut.

There is special firmware and a new type SDD for it. Will have to be a dealer or direct for access to it though...

Zesti
02-01-2016, 08:16 AM
Thanks to all buddies.
MCC-Support you mentioned SDD? is it SSD or HDD?
I'll check the RAMS etc.

MCC-support
02-01-2016, 09:44 PM
Thanks to all buddies.
MCC-Support you mentioned SDD? is it SSD or HDD?
I'll check the RAMS etc.

SSD. I had to replace 3 in 1 week after they all failed.

Was due to an issue with the firmware for the SSD and a flaw in the design. It was prone to failure if the machine lost power at any point (Eg: Customer turning it off or a temp loss of power from a surge). It would present with the issue of the screen lighting up for a few seconds then cutting out and repeat.

Have heard of the screen not booting at all with that problem as well but there was normally something else associated with it as everyone has suggested (RAM or OP Panel not being plugged in or have failed)

Update us if you get a resolution so we know for the future :cool:

EarthKmTech
02-01-2016, 11:29 PM
Every time I've had an SSD failure its been able to boot to the double shark fin display and then just continue rebooting. I've never had it simply have a dead display. The SSD should be the last thing you try for this fault of yours. As it's a controlled spare part I suspect you wont have any choice in the matter anyway.

Custom Search