PDA

View Full Version : ic 401 on c350 system code upgrade help

Custom Search

xpress
06-17-2008, 06:10 PM
hey, I have an ic 401 (x3e) controller that stopped responding. I am wondering if it might be a bad hdd. I powered the unit up with the cover off and listened for any sounds from the hard drive, but nothing... I tried it again with a screwdriver pressed against the drive housing and against my ear (shadetree stethoscope) and nothing..... I tried another similar controller from a cf3102 and could hear sounds coming from the hdd... very faint but the unmistakable sounds of a hdd accessing data. I did not do the initial on site diagnosis my boss did that and he left it with me to try to reinstall system code. He said that the fiery did not come up on the control panel at all. The board has power and the fans work, but no hdd sounds.

does this controller have both firmware on the board and separate code on the hdd?

============ update=============
oh... one last thing... this controller can be plugged directly into a standard computer power cord correct? it just takes 110v ac into its own internal power supply as far as I can tell.
===============================
thanks... Aaron
xpress@softcom.net

xpress
06-19-2008, 01:31 AM
I figured it out... I hooked the controller up to a 3102... I was able to use the control panel on the 3102 to access the controller detail during the sys code install. the controller is originally from a c350.

Custom Search