PDA

View Full Version : Konica Lockups

Custom Search

bobbyb
02-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Hi all -

18 leased machines, 5 of which are locking up. It is very hard to reproduce the lockups. Reset machine, plug in ethernet cable and the panel will lockup within minutes. You cannot access the copier via the browser either. Occasionally a random error will appear that's very general "Internal Error, machine restarting". Machines are all on the same network, some on the same subnet. Updated drivers, fax is not the cause. Konica reps say that they have checked the RAM and HD and diagnostics report OK. The same 5 machines were having the same issue approx 3 months ago and a firmware update appeared to have fixed it. One machine is brand new and having the issue. Other symptoms are: 1. Random jobs that say "Deleted due to error" 2. Staff reports that the machine is offline 3. Machine still pingable when locked up

Has anyone experienced the touchscreen locking up and freezing? I have searched and see that people have had it freeze on the logo but that does not happen for me. It boots, prepares the scanning and copying then locks up 2-4 minutes after. Sometimes, It will work for hours! Konica has been zero help for this and blames our network. That's OK but they won't tell me whats causing their device to lockup!

Thanks for any help.

T_foot2
02-06-2017, 05:32 PM
Just had the same problem with a 754.
This is from our tech support:
Analysis:
Reviewing traffic involving only the KM MFP (192.168.0.204) showed normal activity until an HTTP request (via port 50001) caused an ‘Internal Error’. The MFP closed the communication the first few times, however after repeated attempts on the same port, the MFP started ‘hard closing’ the communication (RST packet)

Recommendation:
It appears the PC is sending out SSDP discover packets (using IPv4 and IPv6), which is hitting the OpenAPI port (50001) on the MFP. The M-search caused by SSDP is causing the ‘Internal Error’.

Responsibility:
As long as the customer is not using any solutions that utilize API to interface with the device (ex: Papercut, Equitrac, eCopy) then it should be safe to disable SSDP on the device. (Disabling SSDP will also disable OpenAPI)

Disabling IPv6 on the MFP might help as wel

blackcat4866
02-07-2017, 01:05 AM
Just had the same problem with a 754.
This is from our tech support:
Analysis:
Reviewing traffic involving only the KM MFP (192.168.0.204) showed normal activity until an HTTP request (via port 50001) caused an ‘Internal Error’. The MFP closed the communication the first few times, however after repeated attempts on the same port, the MFP started ‘hard closing’ the communication (RST packet)

Recommendation:
It appears the PC is sending out SSDP discover packets (using IPv4 and IPv6), which is hitting the OpenAPI port (50001) on the MFP. The M-search caused by SSDP is causing the ‘Internal Error’.

Responsibility:
As long as the customer is not using any solutions that utilize API to interface with the device (ex: Papercut, Equitrac, eCopy) then it should be safe to disable SSDP on the device. (Disabling SSDP will also disable OpenAPI)

Disabling IPv6 on the MFP might help as wel

Out of curiosity: Can this port 50001 be blocked by a managed switch or router? =^..^=

splblazer91
02-07-2017, 05:20 AM
Hi all -

18 leased machines, 5 of which are locking up. It is very hard to reproduce the lockups. Reset machine, plug in ethernet cable and the panel will lockup within minutes. You cannot access the copier via the browser either. Occasionally a random error will appear that's very general "Internal Error, machine restarting". Machines are all on the same network, some on the same subnet. Updated drivers, fax is not the cause. Konica reps say that they have checked the RAM and HD and diagnostics report OK. The same 5 machines were having the same issue approx 3 months ago and a firmware update appeared to have fixed it. One machine is brand new and having the issue. Other symptoms are: 1. Random jobs that say "Deleted due to error" 2. Staff reports that the machine is offline 3. Machine still pingable when locked up

Has anyone experienced the touchscreen locking up and freezing? I have searched and see that people have had it freeze on the logo but that does not happen for me. It boots, prepares the scanning and copying then locks up 2-4 minutes after. Sometimes, It will work for hours! Konica has been zero help for this and blames our network. That's OK but they won't tell me whats causing their device to lockup!

Thanks for any help.

Check your network speeds in admin mode and make sure they are set to Auto negotiate up 1gb p\s

allan
02-07-2017, 05:27 AM
Out of curiosity: Can this port 50001 be blocked by a managed switch or router? =^..^=

I think you can change the port number.

Gaffers01
02-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Ive had the same problem with 3 machines on the same network at a customers,

I tried all sort of settings like others have mentioned but it ended up being a faulty network switch,
There network people were adament it wasnt faulty until I got there boss on my side and he told them just to try it.
Havent been back for 6 months (they were c284e)

Custom Search