PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent C9404 code on C754

Custom Search

michael_braunstein
02-02-2016, 12:22 AM
This machine intermittently has a C9404 code which also can be a C9403. Machine wont clear code by resetting, have to go into Service mode and do a system error clear to get it running again. When its not in error the CIS works fine. Service manual says that when you replace the CIS unit you should run CCD Calibration for the CIS unit. You do this by setting the values set prior to shipping. On this machine those values come up as zeros for the CIS. I've checked other machines and they have some data in these fields. I'm not sure if this is significant or not but if I were to put a new CIS (expensive) in this machine I wouldn't be able to run this adjustment since no data appears to be stored. Has anyone exchanged a CIS and made this adjustment? Is there a way to restore this data? Is there firmware or a tech. bulletin to fix this issue? This is not an "E" model. any help would be appreciated.

antone
02-02-2016, 12:26 AM
Must upgrade firmware to K7

Mr Spock
02-02-2016, 12:53 AM
Must upgrade firmware to K7

K7 is only available on the "e" version.
I have had to replace the cis and the the little power supply to get rid of this code.
Also flash to latest firmware (version 72 or e4 I think).

antone
02-02-2016, 03:35 PM
K6 worked for me

emujo
02-02-2016, 03:53 PM
Not on a C754e, and BTW, the firmware usually doesn't help if you are already seeing the codes...Replace the CCD assy. Emujo

Custom Search