PDA

View Full Version : How to reset a bizhub C360 with HDD Lock Password ?

Custom Search

DelawareJim
02-02-2016, 02:37 AM
I have a used C360 that had the hard drive turned OFF. When I turned it ON, it is asking for a HDD Lock Password. I cant seem to find much info on this. Wiping the drive clean will not reset the Password as it is embedded in the BIOS of the hard drive. So....what options do I have? Can I just replace the hard drive? Will this allow scanning, or will the copier still ask for the HDD Lock Password? Thanks for any information. Jim in Delaware.

Mr Spock
02-02-2016, 04:49 AM
go into admin mode > security > Hdd settings > hdd lock
Enter another code twice
power cycle machine
after rebooting you will need to enter admin mode and format Hdd
After format power cycle machine
after it comes ready you will need to reload address book, user boxes and such. You will also need to reload the movie data file and any loadable device drivers.

emujo
02-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Spock, you incredible knee biting jerk...(anyone get the reference???)..There is no way he's gonna have the lock password...I would do 1 of 2 things...If a dealer sold this to you then I would go back to them and demand they fix it..The C360 comes with a HDD and turning it off to mask the HDD lock password was pretty underhanded. If you are stuck with the MFP and on your own, you will need to do a physical format of the HDD, followed by a logical format, then re-install movie data. Without the lock password (and more than likely, the HDD encryption password) you can't do anything with the HDD. Even a new drive won't work because the MFP is looking for the correct serial number when it contacts the HDD. Emujo

DelawareJim
02-03-2016, 01:44 PM
That solved it !!! From the service mode I had to install the HDD. Then upon reboot, copier displayed "HDD Lock Password", went into Admin mode, Security, HDD Settings, then HDD Lock. The screen came up prompting me to enter a password twice. It rejected a bunch of passwords, finally I entered 123456789101112131415 and it liked it. I guess they wanted a really long password. Entered it again and it accepted it. Rebooted the copier, reformatted the HDD, which took hours, Rebooted the copier and then did a Logical Format. Rebooted again and it worked. At one point the display did say something about an encryption password but I only saw that message once. Copier is all better now. THANKS THANKS THANKS to both of you. My only issue now is the message "No movie guide data available". What, are they putting Netflix in these copiers now? Where can I acquire that movie data file? Thanks very very much, Jim in Delaware.

blackcat4866
02-03-2016, 11:41 PM
go into admin mode > security > Hdd settings > hdd lock
Enter another code twice
power cycle machine
after rebooting you will need to enter admin mode and format Hdd
After format power cycle machine
after it comes ready you will need to reload address book, user boxes and such. You will also need to reload the movie data file and any loadable device drivers.

.... My only issue now is the message "No movie guide data available". What, are they putting Netflix in these copiers now? Where can I acquire that movie data file? Thanks very very much, Jim in Delaware.

I believe Mr Spock covered that. The part about: You will also need to reload the movie data file and any loadable device drivers.
The movie data are the little movies that demonstrate how to remove jams. It used to be stored on the HDD until it was formatted. You'll get those files from 302 Found (http://www.mykonicaminolta.com) if you're a dealer. If you aren't a dealer, you can start praying now. Maybe the company that sold you the machine will provide them, since they screwed you in the first place. =^..^=

DelawareJim
02-04-2016, 01:56 PM
I am a small independent. Just me. I do not have access to Konica Minolta files. Does anyone have this movie data file? I could sure use it. The copier is working fine....it just has an annoying message on the display "movie guide data not available". Would be great if I could get rid of that. Thanks very much, Jim.

mailderrick
12-01-2016, 01:36 AM
couldn't you just turn off the enhanced security feature?

I am a small independent. Just me. I do not have access to Konica Minolta files. Does anyone have this movie data file? I could sure use it. The copier is working fine....it just has an annoying message on the display "movie guide data not available". Would be great if I could get rid of that. Thanks very much, Jim.

Synthohol
12-01-2016, 01:49 AM
check your PMs, there are 2 movie files and depending on what firmware you have may determine which file to use.

mailderrick
12-01-2016, 01:58 AM
Can i also get a copy of that file? Thank you. I never loaded a movie file so this should be fun to try.

check your PMs, there are 2 movie files and depending on what firmware you have may determine which file to use.

Woxner
12-01-2016, 02:38 AM
the movie data will be loaded through the top usb port then go to service mode its on page two under data. in the future dont do a physical formatt. the logical will do

kahodges
01-23-2017, 05:00 PM
Is there a way to reset the HDD lock password is you do not know it? We bought a C220, which is pretty much the the same as a C360, and the drive failed. I replaced the drive, and it's giving me the same issues asking for the password. Thanks.

Kim Krell
11-08-2018, 07:03 PM
Hey guys.

This thread really helped me get through that password encryption bs. Thank you.

Now do any of you have the animation you can send me? It would be much appreciated. Im working on the c284e.

Thank you.

Custom Search