PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 362 document on glass

Custom Search

duane@pbbsinc.com
02-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Good afternoon patrons,
I have an necIT3640 with an issue of the "document on glass" message when the original is inserted into the document feeder.
I have changed the photo sensor and the magnet sensor on the machine frame.
I have also tried to adjust the timing of the sensor actuator in the back to make the machine happy after removal of the document on the glass to try to reset this condition.
It cant be this difficult to adjust this, i think i am missing something.
Please advise any suggestions are appreciated.
If i leave the sensor unplugged in the back it works except paper sizing is screwed up, you have to lay the original and select the correct tray to print the copy correctly.

antone
02-02-2016, 05:44 PM
Clean slit...and glass really good...seen this before

emujo
02-02-2016, 07:15 PM
In service mode, check the operation of your document size detectors (length), ADF open close switch, and the sensor that detects the paper size when the ADF gets to a certain degree closed. The only one you can't really check is the width sensor, this uses the CCD to get the correct width, and I have seen this cause some issues as the CCD thinks there is a document on the glass as the ADF closes. Emujo

copier addict
02-02-2016, 08:28 PM
You said you replaced the reed switch, but did you make sure the magnet in the DF is lined up with it.

emujo
02-02-2016, 08:59 PM
I think a reed switch issue would generate a close ADF message when you put a document in the feeder. If a paper size sensor, or the CCD is faulty, you would get a paper left on glass message as the system is only looking for paper on the glass when you reach the 7 degree sensor (I think that's the angle). You might try a Non Image area check in service mode to see if this will pass, might guide you down the correct t/s path. Emujo

copier addict
02-02-2016, 10:00 PM
I think a reed switch issue would generate a close ADF message when you put a document in the feeder. If a paper size sensor, or the CCD is faulty, you would get a paper left on glass message as the system is only looking for paper on the glass when you reach the 7 degree sensor (I think that's the angle). You might try a Non Image area check in service mode to see if this will pass, might guide you down the correct t/s path. Emujo

This is from the BH362 theory of operations manual.

-The size of the original is determined through the combination of width and length detecting sensors turning ON or OFF
-The machine detects the original size when the Size Reset Switch is actuated with the Original Cover at an angle of 15 degrees or less(sensor activated)
-The original size is reset when the Size Reset Switch is deactivated.

The width and length of the original is determined by sensors, not the CCD. And the size is reset by the reed switch. So the reed switch not being lined up could cause the symptoms described above.

EarthKmTech
02-02-2016, 11:19 PM
I've had this on the bizhub 222, you may have to adjust the angle detection switch at the back, if its too late in making the detection it will see the white sheet and assume something is on the glass. Fixed it for me.

wragsdale
02-03-2016, 01:20 AM
I've had this on the bizhub 222, you may have to adjust the angle detection switch at the back, if its too late in making the detection it will see the white sheet and assume something is on the glass. Fixed it for me.

In addition to this, check the ADF hinges. If any part has broken or changed the angle/position of the ADF as it closes, the switch may be actuating late causing the original cover to be read as the original. Have seen this a couple times.

richmods
02-03-2016, 02:22 AM
Good afternoon patrons,
I have an necIT3640 with an issue of the "document on glass" message when the original is inserted into the document feeder.
I have changed the photo sensor and the magnet sensor on the machine frame.
I have also tried to adjust the timing of the sensor actuator in the back to make the machine happy after removal of the document on the glass to try to reset this condition.
It cant be this difficult to adjust this, i think i am missing something.
Please advise any suggestions are appreciated.
If i leave the sensor unplugged in the back it works except paper sizing is screwed up, you have to lay the original and select the correct tray to print the copy correctly.

I have a few of these machines and most of the time the paper guides on the doc feeder need to be recalibrated. You do this in service mode under ADF I believe. It is a min/ max adjustment.

allan
02-03-2016, 05:18 AM
Does the machine have the inch and metric sensors installed. If so just swop the sensors and toggle the table1 table2 setting in service mode.

Oops that is only for the newer models.

Run function F7.1

CraigW
02-03-2016, 02:16 PM
For us it was the paper sensor on the right under the glass on a 222. (had tried all the others with no luck)

Custom Search