PDA

View Full Version : Strange New Problem with Email Scanning

Custom Search

tmoncmm
02-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Hello,

Lately, I have been experiencing a strange issue with email scanning on the newer Bizhub machines. Specifically a Bizhub C224 and a C654 installed in two different locations. First of all, I am an IT professional by trade and while I have set up hundreds of copiers (mostly Konica Minoltas) I am not a copier technician. I work closely with a local copier company to set up the IT related functions of the machines they sell and service.

The problem I am having is that the machines absolutely refuse to send email scan jobs to SMTP servers that require SSL or TLS encryption. If I configure the machines to use an open relay with no SSL/TLS and no SMTP auth, they send the jobs with no problem. If I configure the machines to send to an SMTP server that requires no SSL/TLS but requires SMTP auth, they work with no problem. If I configure the machines to use an SMTP server that requires SSL, I get a "server connect error." If I configure the machines to use an SMTP server that requires TLS, I get a "Forward TX error." I have seen both of these errors on other machines in the past and know that they can be caused by invalid authentication info, but I know that the user names and passwords are correct. I am also sure that I am using the proper settings as I have set up a large number of these machines over the past 10 years or so an, as an IT professional, I am well acquainted with networking and SMTP.

My question is, has anyone run into this issue on the newer Bizhubs and does anyone know of anything I could check? The copier company has been unable to come up with a solution and, from what I can see, there is absolutely no reason why these machines aren't working.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Custom Search