PDA

View Full Version : KM-2550 Remove stuck drum ?

Custom Search

TechG
02-07-2016, 03:07 AM
An old, end-of-life, ready-for-replacement drum seems “stuck” inside a KM-2550, such that the old drum cannot be withdrawn from the machine. Photo attached. Any suggestions?

As shown in attached photo, the screw holding drum into machine is removed and the drum release lever is disengaged, yet the drum seems firmly “stuck” inside the machine. I gave the drum a pretty good tug, then at bit of careful jiggling, then more tugging, all to no avail. The drum seems firmly attached, with no play.

On my own time, I am trying to rehabilitate this KM-2550 for a small non-profit that helps brain damaged people. Any suggestions? Am I overlooking a simple solution?

I am contemplating dissembling the KM-2550 to find a way to non-destructively disengage the old drum, but hope there is a better, easier solution.

With other machines, I am comfortable disassembling to the frame, then rebuilding and restoring, but I am less familiar with Kyocera. I have never disassembled a Kyocera, but have a service manual.
If I must disassemble, or partially disassemble the machine, to non-destructively disengage the old drum, any suggestions as to approach, method and/or sequence?
All suggestions appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Custom Search